Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Trek
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ColdCase
Larger VSS values decrease the speedometer readings, smaller VSS values increases. So I would say to try higher by 2/60 0r 3.3%
Thank you. I understand the part about adding to the VSS values to slow the speedo down a bit. I'm not sure about the 2/60 or 3.3% If my numbers are about 2650 then I increase by 3.3% or 87.45? That sounds a bit high to me, hence this post. Could you explain this nice and slow to me? :-)

Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Ok fellas, just installed my 255 cams and 2-1 pro-pipe chrome and need a TTS map. Can someone let me know which one is best to start with? Or if you happen to have any more info on what I'll need.

I had my SERT upgraded last year and haven't pulled it from the box yet. Thanks for any help you can lend.

Jon

FYI, my bike is an 08 FLHRC, 96ci, open air cleaner
Jon

You could use either the TD205 or the UJ205 since you have 255 cams. If it were me, I would start with the TD205. The timing tables for the stock cam are more aggressive than the UJ. If you use the UJ just go to the Tuning Constants and change the cubic inches back to 96".

My ROT (rule of thumb) is if in doubt, use a smaller calibration than what I have and work my way up.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
willie91k
Novice
Default what map?

2010 fatbob rinehart crossback pipes screamin eagle stage 1 ac and map TTS mastertune.
woods 555 cams. What would be a good map to start with?

Thanks for the help!!

Old 11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by willie91k
2010 fatbob rinehart crossback pipes screamin eagle stage 1 ac and map TTS mastertune.
woods 555 cams. What would be a good map to start with?

Thanks for the help!!

AE176-002 will work fine. The timing will be very close and give you good rideability. Be sure to get in some data runs after the VTune and check for knock, fix your knock then VTune once again.

Have fun. You'll have a blast.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:21 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
Thank you. I understand the part about adding to the VSS values to slow the speedo down a bit. I'm not sure about the 2/60 or 3.3% If my numbers are about 2650 then I increase by 3.3% or 87.45? That sounds a bit high to me, hence this post. Could you explain this nice and slow to me? :-)

I'd be hazarding a guess and have not adjusted the speedo myself. Suggest just calling TTS, they seem to be very helpful.

I suggested ~3% because your speedo was ~3% off and the VSS is just a ratio of road speed to gear rev counter.. and the math just works out that way... I think.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Trek
Tourer

Originally Posted by ColdCase
I'd be hazarding a guess and have not adjusted the speedo myself. Suggest just calling TTS, they seem to be very helpful.

I suggested ~3% because your speedo was ~3% off and the VSS is just a ratio of road speed to gear rev counter.. and the math just works out that way... I think.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I'm having the heads done and when I load the new map, I thought I would adjust for the speedo then. Lots of time to think about it. I will have to wait a couple of months before the heads get done and sent back. I guess there is quite a backlog. Just snowing like crazy around here anyway. Thanks again.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:47 PM
neonflx
Advanced

Originally Posted by neonflx
I'm having an issue with the TTS tuner, after doing some major work to my engine that included, 106 S&S kit, t-man stage 2 head work, t-man 625 cam, throttle body redone to 54mm by HPI, exhaust system, zipper a/c,

I'm not able to find anyone who can tune the bike right, I keep getting error codes like O2 sensors and bike running rich, and some misfiring, bike has been tune a couple of times already

i have taken the bike to 3 places and they all have told me that the tuner is inadequate for the mods i'm running.

This an update to the above stated issue;
First a big Thanks to Mr. Wizard for all help he has provided, thanks to him we were able to determined that the culprit of the problem is my V&H Dual Chamber, exactly the O2 sensor bung is too long therefore the O2 sensor does not go in far enough into the pipe making it nearly impossible to get accurate readings thus a proper tune is impossible to attain.
Once again thanks Mr. Wizard

Old 12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

I'm having an issue with the TTS tuner, after doing some major work to my engine that included, 106 S&S kit, t-man stage 2 head work, t-man 625 cam, throttle body redone to 54mm by HPI, exhaust system, zipper a/c,

I'm not able to find anyone who can tune the bike right, I keep getting error codes like O2 sensors and bike running rich, and some misfiring, bike has been tune a couple of times already

i have taken the bike to 3 places and they all have told me that the tuner is inadequate for the mods i'm running.
First a big Thanks to Mr. Wizard for all help he has provided, thanks to him we were able to determined that the culprit of the problem is my V&H Dual Chamber, exactly the O2 sensor bung is too long therefore the O2 sensor does not go in far enough into the pipe making it nearly impossible to get accurate readings thus a proper tune is impossible to attain.

Mike... click here ->> https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...tail-help.html

Someone else with your same issue?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
neonflx
Advanced

WoW!! That sounds all too familiar, I sent him a PM, I have already sent V&H an email with pictures, will let you know what they say.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not able to find anyone who can tune the bike right,

I keep getting error codes like O2 sensors and bike running rich, and some misfiring, bike has been tune a couple of times already

Once again, this re iterates my point, Tuners that call themselves tuners, not knowing what their doing, at your expense!

This has undoubtedly been one of the most important threads on the forum!

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information