Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by neonflx
I'm having an issue with the TTS tuner, after doing some major work to my engine that included, 106 S&S kit, t-man stage 2 head work, t-man 625 cam, throttle body redone to 54mm by HPI, exhaust system, zipper a/c,

I'm not able to find anyone who can tune the bike right, I keep getting error codes like O2 sensors and bike running rich, and some misfiring, bike has been tune a couple of times already

i have taken the bike to 3 places and they all have told me that the tuner is inadequate for the mods i'm running.

since i'm not an expert i would like to hear any suggestions as to the validity of this

thanks for any help.
First things first....Thank you for your service to our country.

The TTS device is adequate to tune any HD Delphi device. The issue is finding someone that knows how to tune your build properly to your taste and still have good drive-ability manners.

Do you know what starting calibration was used or do you have a copy of the end calibration used by these tuners?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
neonflx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
First things first....Thank you for your service to our country.

The TTS device is adequate to tune any HD Delphi device. The issue is finding someone that knows how to tune your build properly to your taste and still have good drive-ability manners.

Do you know what starting calibration was used or do you have a copy of the end calibration used by these tuners?
Thank you, and thanks for the quick reply.
I have the file they gave me after the last tune, I could send it if you like.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

PM sent

Old 11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Raiderse
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Customer Support?? Is that TTS customer support? Really doesn't sound like something they would say... Any CLB Value over 450 will create an offset to the AFR table and assume you have corrected your VE tables so the proper calculation even can take place. This is why you must VTune after changing CLB's.

The stock CLB value is fine but if you feel the need to increase them (I always do) then just don't go over 780 or the sensors will degrade faster. it's not like they will burn up over night. You will easily get 20,000 miles or more out of your 02 sensors with your build. I find the 684 to be a good average for performance and fuel economy.

Data Scan is as easy as doing a VTune run. You just look at the scan data for knock retard front and rear. Turn off all other graph data so it is easy to see. I understand this sounds cryptic but once you open a scan data run you will see what I am talking about.

Look at the attachment, do you see the peaks? Those are knock retard hits. Look at the bottom right, do you see how I set up the graph? Just left click on the value and change it to knock retard and the others to none. Put your mouse over the peaks and you will see the RPM and kPa values.
Yes, that was TTS Mastertune Support. Said not to go over 635 becasue the O2 sensors would not be able to adjust when the future. Thanks for the tips and I will give it a try because I can tell that it is running too lean. Funny it isn;t pinging and there is n pop on decel. Actually seems like it runs fine but the plugs don;t lie. THanks and if you have any other tips please pass them on.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 PM
willie91k
Novice
Default dumb question.

guys i just saved my factory calb. and want to save it on to a flash drive.
It all went well 100% were do i find it on my computer??

Thanks...

Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by neonflx
I'm having an issue with the TTS tuner, after doing some major work to my engine that included, 106 S&S kit, t-man stage 2 head work, t-man 625 cam, throttle body redone to 54mm by HPI, exhaust system, zipper a/c,

I'm not able to find anyone who can tune the bike right, I keep getting error codes like O2 sensors and bike running rich, and some misfiring, bike has been tune a couple of times already

i have taken the bike to 3 places and they all have told me that the tuner is inadequate for the mods i'm running.

since i'm not an expert i would like to hear any suggestions as to the validity of this

thanks for any help.
One of the best tuners (if not THE best) in the Pacific Northwest, and very good with TTS, is forum member Lonewolf176 (Russel). The only drawback is that he is in Vancouver, B.C.. He was recommended to me by Doc (formerly of this forum) and by Don at Head Designs by Dewey, who is doing my heads and cylinders.

I'll be trailering my bike to him after the build I have in the works right now is done.

Steve

P.S. The tuner is NOT inadequate for your build. I have found a lot of ignorance about the TTS. People always want to sell and work on only what they are most familiar with.

Last edited by yso191; 11-16-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:25 PM
roadWorrier
Advanced
Default too lean

Originally Posted by Raiderse
I can tell that it is running too lean
Just curious, did you set the AFR table so that only the center cells are at 14.6, and the rest are set to the AFR you want? I hope I'm not mis-understanding your question. If so, excuse the entry-level detail. Else, I hope this is useful...

I didn't get it the first time I took a whack at it. But after you set your CLB (mine is in the low 600's), then you do 3 or so VE data gathering runs. Of course you use hte VE data with VTUNE to generate the next calibration for each subsequent VE data run.

Finally, when the VE data looks like it is not changing much, you do your last VTUNE. Well, in that last calibration it creates, you go back to teh AFR table and you set the AFR you actually want. IN most cases you set it for a certain RPM vs MAP value. The bottom line is my AFR now starts at about 13.7 or so at 1000 RPM, then gets bigger until about 2000 rpm, to about 14.2. Then I set it to 14.6 from there to about 3100 rpm. Then I set it back to 14.0, 13.9, etc as the rpm increases. A similar thing is going on for MAP columns.

But in all, I have 14.6 only for a rectangle-shaped collection of cells in the middel of the AFR map. The rest are not set for closed-loop (O2 sensor control) operation since they are not at 14.6. That's what keeps my bike from running too lean; or rather, what works for me.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Trek
Tourer

Ok, I can't find this information and its probably in this thread...however, can someone tell me what I need to change the speedometer setting to? My speedometer reads 2 miles an hour fast at 60. Do I add or subtract numbers? About how much?
Thanks
(I just couldn't find the right search phrase)

Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Larger VSS values decrease the speedometer readings, smaller VSS values increases. So I would say to try higher by 2/60 0r 3.3%

Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok fellas, just installed my 255 cams and 2-1 pro-pipe chrome and need a TTS map. Can someone let me know which one is best to start with? Or if you happen to have any more info on what I'll need.

I had my SERT upgraded last year and haven't pulled it from the box yet. Thanks for any help you can lend.

Jon

FYI, my bike is an 08 FLHRC, 96ci, open air cleaner

Last edited by JonnyD; 11-28-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Add info

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information