Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 PM
pacificrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
A (single) VTune? If so, you really should do more. My personal opinion is at least 5 runs minimum. Then check to see if your VE tables are smooth, no spikes to something like 127 from something like 80, as an example, in your riding/cruising RPM's and kPa areas.

Did you make any other changes to your calibration tables?
I did plenty of VTUNING. In fact I just did my new fuel fill up. I got 37.6 MPG. Bike runs real good.
Is that normal?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by pacificrider
I did plenty of VTUNING. In fact I just did my new fuel fill up. I got 37.6 MPG. Bike runs real good.
Is that normal?
sounds good... give the ECM so some time for adaptive learning, takes about three tanks, and your tune along with your mileage should get better. Mine went from 38 to 44.7 but I did some timing and other tweaks also.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Raiderse
Cruiser
Default Stock Map

Is there anyway to look at the backed up stock map and compare to the map that you currently have? The backed up Factory Map seems to be in a different file format.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some rights involved so the factory map is protected, no one can look at it except the factory. It is just saved on your hard drive, and then is available to load back in if you need to do so.

In fact, I think, any MAP loaded into the ECU is protected and cannot be read or edited, regardless of source. If you have the source files used to create the MAP you can view/edit those and then create a new MAP.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I think maybe the Map in the bikes computer can be looked at if it was done with the Master Tune. If a Master Tune Dealer is hooked up, I believe Steve can look at it somehow, remotely.

Also, if you have a back up of the Map you installed, you can go into the Master Tune file to bring that map up, you can then see the current AFR chart, but go to the top of the page and click on "Table Comparison" then click on "Original Calibration" Is that not the previous map of the bike??

Old 09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by ColdCase
There are some rights involved so the factory map is protected, no one can look at it except the factory. It is just saved on your hard drive, and then is available to load back in if you need to do so.

In fact, I think, any MAP loaded into the ECU is protected and cannot be read or edited, regardless of source. If you have the source files used to create the MAP you can view/edit those and then create a new MAP.
+1

This is proprietary information and only the manufacturer can remove the encryption and view the original flash contents of a factory installed calibration map.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
I think maybe the Map in the bikes computer can be looked at if it was done with the Master Tune. If a Master Tune Dealer is hooked up, I believe Steve can look at it somehow, remotely.

Also, if you have a back up of the Map you installed, you can go into the Master Tune file to bring that map up, you can then see the current AFR chart, but go to the top of the page and click on "Table Comparison" then click on "Original Calibration" Is that not the previous map of the bike??
BH, RaiderSE was talking about the original factory map that comes on your ECM from Harley. Steve can look at them but he must have a copy of the file to do so.

How are you coming on your tune?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks to Mr. Wizard for helping me all weekend on my TTS MAPS. He didn't have to do that, but he is just a super stand-up guy. Bike runs great. I learned a heck of alot from him too.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
BH, RaiderSE was talking about the original factory map that comes on your ECM from Harley. Steve can look at them but he must have a copy of the file to do so.

How are you coming on your tune?

Hi Wiz
Thursday is the day! I probably won't get back till Sunday afternoon, late, I figure while I'm down there I'll ride with friends. I plan on sending you a copy of the changes for some insight! If there are still discrepancies, I will be purchasing cables and a new battery for my son's lap top, so, I believe I've found that lap top and hopefully some of your assistance, if you're up to the task, LOL That could be the challenge of the decade..

As for the factory Map in the above posts by RaiderSE, I thought if you have the back up from the first ever download with the TTS, you can view the Original Calibration too, in the Comparison Table.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Raiderse
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ColdCase

Thanks for the info. Saves me alot of time trying to find a way to view it. So far I think this is by far the best Tuning method out there. I have had others and they fall short of what I was able to accomplish on three V-Tune Runs. I think I will get started on my Crossbones then later maybe come back and fine tune some more. it is nice after the tune to be able to adjust things like idle etc. I thought my idle was a tad low so hchanged the table when warm from 985 to 1000.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information