Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 04:57 PM
joefriday
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question, brother has a 06 SG. We will both be adding TTS to our bikes. He is planing on going with the cams also. Harley tech at a non dealer said he should upgrade his clutch because he will be increasing torque.
Has anyone heard of this? Is this something that should be done?

Old 08-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Scootr
Road Master

The stock clutch can handle a lot more torque and hp than a cam is going to give us.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM
roadWorrier
Advanced
Default too late

Originally Posted by Scootr
The stock clutch can handle a lot more torque and hp than a cam is going to give us.
Scootr,
I'm too late. I wish I'd seen your post earlier. I had a Screaming Eagle clutch spring installed when I had a TW6-6 cam installed on my 2009 RK. In hindsight, I have to agree with you. Sure, the dyno tuner guy made my ride MUCH smoother (and that alone was worth his fee), but I have to wonder if that heavier spring is needed for 102 ft-lbs at peak, when in fact I usually only use 60 to 80 lbs in normal riding (or so I see that in TTS Datamaster). Ah well, I can at least chaulk it up to experience, and peace of mind.

Say, I can't advise you on TTS stuff as I'm not experienced enough. But at least I can tell you about my experience. I could not find a TTS calibration for my config either when the cams went in. I ended up picking Spark Tables from a calibration file for a bike of a previous year. But it had hte same engine size as mine, had a cam of *similar* specs to mine, and similar exhaust/air as mine. I used the calibration file for the same year and size as mine, but then I copied the spark table from the older one that did have cams similar to mine. Then I did 5 Vtune runs. I thought it ran pretty strong, although a bit jerky along corners and such.

Several months later took it to the dyno guy. He showed me it used to have 100 ft-lbs and after his tune it went to 102 ft-lbs. I'm only saying that to point out what great results TTS allowed me to get given the fact that I ain't no mechanic or genius. But that approach seemed to work to get solid numbers.

Right now? yea, I'm running the tune the dyno guy made. Numbers were a wash. But for me it's how much smoother the bike accelerates and rounds corners. What a difference....

Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

For you guys with clutch questions. Suggest a visit to the AIM site and take a look at their VPC (Variable Pressure Clutch)

http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=78

I've use this product (70T) in several CVO 110's and other Bikes and Trikes. If you have a SE clutch spring, how is your hand feeling while in traffic? I went through all this. Went to a heavier spring to stop clutch slippage but found the clutch lever just too hard to pull. The 70T will work on a 88 to a 124 with up to 134 ftlbs or TQ.

The VPC allowed me to take a stock clutch and get positive lock up and a 40% reduction in lever pull is just a plus. I've taken out my CVO spring on a hydraulic clutch and added a spring off of a 06 RK on my SESG and it will not slip but the lever is like butter.

Just a thought to share. Works great for me.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Was snooping around and saw where the 2011 software is about to be released. Here is the link if you want to check it out

Looks like they are getting close...

Well Phase 1 of the 2011 model year software should be released tomorrow about 12 noon PST. This release contains all the necessary changes to make ready for the 2011 bikes. While this release will NOT allow programming of the 2011 models it is everything necessary for us to do so. This release is being made so that everyone can start running this software level so we can make sure nothing got broken that we have not found. It should look and feel just like what you all have now and there should be no changes in the way that it works other than one thing. We changed the way we handle the comm port. In previous versions of our software we checked for the comm ports when the program was first launched. Now we recheck each time you select the comm port menu. This should help those using USB cables that forget to plug it in prior to launching the program.

We will need any feedback, with any issue ASAP as we will not release the 2011 programming until we know if anything has been broken with all these changes. While it may not seem like much to the end user it's a lot of changes that had to be made to make this so it looks, feels and works the same.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:07 AM
pacificrider
Advanced
Default My MPG sucks

I did my TTS vtune and now the bike runs like a champ. But compared to some of you my MPG fuel comsumption is not so great.
I got an 08 Heritage and used AE176 and my CLB for both front and rear are set at 661. I am burning about 32 MPG for half freeway and half city usage. Shoud I change the CLB to a lower # and if so, what?
Any recommendation is appreciated.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by pacificrider
I did my TTS vtune and now the bike runs like a champ. But compared to some of you my MPG fuel comsumption is not so great.
I got an 08 Heritage and used AE176 and my CLB for both front and rear are set at 661. I am burning about 32 MPG for half freeway and half city usage. Shoud I change the CLB to a lower # and if so, what?
Any recommendation is appreciated.
What other mods to you have or is she stock? Did you VTune or change your AFR tables in any way? How many tanks of gas do you have on your new tune?... I know, questions, questions....

661 CBL is just fine for moderate riders and will give you good gas mileage, that's not your MPG issue.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Raiderse
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cts1950
You might be interested in the data collection for vtune. I set up this monitor on my dash with the lap top in the tour pak.
Was that table from a Dyno Run? That is very full.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM
pacificrider
Advanced

All stock except for a stage I Arlen Ness big sucker. I did a VTUNE,

Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by pacificrider
All stock except for a stage I Arlen Ness big sucker. I did a VTUNE,
A (single) VTune? If so, you really should do more. My personal opinion is at least 5 runs minimum. Then check to see if your VE tables are smooth, no spikes to something like 127 from something like 80, as an example, in your riding/cruising RPM's and kPa areas.

Did you make any other changes to your calibration tables?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information