Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 AM
beerun
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will not change any thing and run my first Tune easy. I would like to see the changes that's needed after I install the 58mm TB. I would think if this TB give me 5 to 10 more Horsepower I should See a big change on my VE tables.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:38 PM
plane
Road Captain

Quick question...I think...I hope. My friend has a 2006 FXST and is interested in a TTS Mastertune, but his bike is non-lambda.

Would it be worth his while to get one?

Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plane
Quick question...I think...I hope. My friend has a 2006 FXST and is interested in a TTS Mastertune, but his bike is non-lambda.

Would it be worth his while to get one?
TTS Master Tuner can still tune the non-lambda bikes. But if closed loop is what he wants, he will have to add the wiring to the bike to the computer for dual o2's and install bungs into the exhaust. The only '06 that had o2's was the Dyna's.

Converted my '06 FLHRI to 2 into 1 exhaust with o2's and wired into the computer for TTS tuning in closed loop and it run's great.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
plane
Road Captain

Thanks for the reply Ram. Given that the TTS works on non lambda then, would you consider it a waste of money compared to lambda based bikes?

I guess my real point is I'm satisfied with TTS on my 2008 but I'd hate to see him spend the money only to be disappointed.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Thanks for the reply Ram. Given that the TTS works on non lambda then, would you consider it a waste of money compared to lambda based bikes?

I guess my real point is I'm satisfied with TTS on my 2008 but I'd hate to see him spend the money only to be disappointed.
plane

The TTS will work on AFR and Lambda. The TTS is the original SERT vastly upgraded. (The Turbo Shop)

Ram is correct but you don't necessarily have to install the 02 sensors. You simply run the ECM in Open Loop like we all did with the SERT on pre - 07 (06 for Dyna) bikes. It is recommended to install the 02 sensors but if you don't then there are two other ways of tuning. TTS on a dyno or TTS with a Daytona Twin Scan with 02 sniffers at home. Either way you will get a quality tune as long as you have a quality tuner behind the computer.

There is a part number sheet on the last few pages of the TTS manual that will give your bud what he needs to convert if that is what he wants.

-wiz

Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 AM
plane
Road Captain

Thanks Wizard, that pretty much answered my questions in a clear, understandable response.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM
beerun
Intermediate
Default frydaddy96

Then I advanced the front and rear spark tables by 2 degress using Mastertune.
When you add 2 degrees, How many units is that per degrees when add them to the spark advance table.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Thanks Wizard, that pretty much answered my questions in a clear, understandable response.
Remembered you has asked "Would it be worth his while to get one?"

Absolutely, unequivocally, no doubt about it, TTS in da house.... Yup

It will take a little cash on his part, look around for deals, but I'll bet you a silly icon that even the stock starter map that comes with the TTS will make a huge difference over what he has now. When his milk money stash grows he can go see an good Indy tuner and make tweaks after setting his VE tables. No o2 sensors needed to get the stock lean monkey off his back.... but, Ram is correct, you get the o2 sensors and it will make a difference and run great.

Cheers

-wiz

Old 05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by beerun
When you add 2 degrees, How many units is that per degrees when add them to the spark advance table.
1 unit= .25* or 4 clicks of 1 unit = 1*

Old 05-10-2010, 09:33 AM
beerun
Intermediate
Default Mr Wizard

1 unit= .25* or 4 clicks of 1 unit = 1*

Thanks Dennis

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information