Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
user 9375875
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogflash
PM sent. --Gary
Dennis, Looks like you can't get a PM here. So - This error is usually caused by a corrupt MT7 file, but it is unlikely that ALL MT7 files are bad. Suggest you contact TTS directly to help resolve the problem.

--Gary

Old 04-20-2010, 02:31 AM
DVossberg
1st Gear

The MT7 file/files were good, the error was all my doing as I wasn't loading the Vtune file (instead just a data file), ops...

My 2 cents for anyone considering purchasing the TTS Mastertune, do it! I read this and other posts trying to get a grasp on the information but usually walked away with a head ache. Now that I've purchased and able to get my hands on the software to play with it, I'm amazed at how easy everything became. You do not need to be an expert, the software does that for you (if your read the directions and use the correct files ).

My motor is stock besides AC and exhaust but with plans of a cam in the near future. I was running V&H fuel pack and O2 IED's, and at the time of their install, the difference was night and day over stock. Now that I have three runs on my bike with TTS, I'm blown away at the improvement over the fuel pack... starts easier, better idle, increase in responsiveness and was surprised to feel such a gain in power.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Is there a way to get the benefit of closed loop tuning on a pre-'06 bike (before they came out with the O2 sensors on the head pipes) ... stick a probe up the tailpipe maybe?

I understand the TTS product was 'spun off' from the old SERT ... but, my understanding is they have had a SERT product for (almost?) as long as there's been EFI ....

I am very interested in using this product, but want to figure out how to get the most of it for my '05 FXDI ....

THX!

R/
'Chop

Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
user 9375875
Banned

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Is there a way to get the benefit of closed loop tuning on a pre-'06 bike (before they came out with the O2 sensors on the head pipes) ... stick a probe up the tailpipe maybe?

I understand the TTS product was 'spun off' from the old SERT ... but, my understanding is they have had a SERT product for (almost?) as long as there's been EFI ....

I am very interested in using this product, but want to figure out how to get the most of it for my '05 FXDI ....

THX!

R/
'Chop
You can convert your bike to closed loop by adding the O2 sensors used on the later bikes, and installing a level 176 calibration. It is not too difficult, many have done this with great success. You can get a kit to do this from www.docsperformancetuning.com for a reasonable cost. Doc says take about 1 hour to wire in the sensors.

The original SERT was supplied to HD under license by TTS; that business relationship ended in 2008 and TTS then made major improvements to the product and calibrations and sells it as 'TTS MasterTune'. You can have your old SERT interface upgraded to work with MasterTune by TTS.

For a good overview of the MasterTune software, download the manual from their website at http://www.mastertune.net/files/Tuni..._Guide-125.pdf

--Gary

Last edited by user 9375875; 04-20-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Traceman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok heres a good one for you. I have a totalled out 05 Road King with a TTS on it. Does anyone know what I would have to take off the Road King to make this work on an 04 Ultra. Is this possible? Will the ECM swapping over be enough is my question really.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
ronster2
Advanced

Originally Posted by Traceman
Ok heres a good one for you. I have a totalled out 05 Road King with a TTS on it. Does anyone know what I would have to take off the Road King to make this work on an 04 Ultra. Is this possible? Will the ECM swapping over be enough is my question really.
I'm not an expert, but I believe the is a bike profile associated with the ECM. Serial number is something I know is included. You may check with TTS and see if they will cut you a deal on a replacement. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Just switching the ECM wouldn't work? Then re map?? Don't see why it wouldn't, but I'm far from an expert.. I would at least try it.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
user 9375875
Banned

I think in this case you can swap over the ECM without any issues. The '05 ECM is a better design than the older 01-04 ECMs, so it is a good swap to make. Just install a cal to match your engine and you should be good to go. Note that the VIN in the ECM will be for your 05, and the TTS uses that to determine what cals you can install. You may have to do a VATS relearn to match the ECM to the older bike, though

FYI, if you install a HD replacement ECM in the '04, you would get this later ECM type anyway!

--Gary

Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Traceman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogflash
I think in this case you can swap over the ECM without any issues. The '05 ECM is a better design than the older 01-04 ECMs, so it is a good swap to make. Just install a cal to match your engine and you should be good to go. Note that the VIN in the ECM will be for your 05, and the TTS uses that to determine what cals you can install. You may have to do a VATS relearn to match the ECM to the older bike, though

FYI, if you install a HD replacement ECM in the '04, you would get this later ECM type anyway!

--Gary
Ok I took the Heads, Cylinders, cams, Pistons,and gear drive off the totalled bike and also the computer. I installed everything but the computer saturday and the bike cranked right up. I took it down the road and back so it is running pretty good on my previous tune with the Power commander. Then I switched the ECM and took the Power Commander out of the loop and the bike cranked and immediately died twice. What next? What is the VATS?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:19 AM
user 9375875
Banned

Ok I took the Heads, Cylinders, cams, Pistons,and gear drive off the totalled bike and also the computer. I installed everything but the computer saturday and the bike cranked right up. I took it down the road and back so it is running pretty good on my previous tune with the Power commander. Then I switched the ECM and took the Power Commander out of the loop and the bike cranked and immediately died twice. What next? What is the VATS?
Sounds just like the VATS system. It will let the bike fire, then it cuts the fuel and the bike quits. You need to run the VATS relearn procedure. I am sure this is detailed somewhere around here...

--Gary

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information