Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on removing the XiEDs. The TTS takes over the bias function and you have the flexibility to set the bias however you want and also vary the bias over RPM and TPS position among others.

BTW, I don't think the TTS Steve posts here. He does on a couple other EFI tech forums.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:27 AM
6Fatboy9
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I thought the XiEDs would go to the used bucket when I got a real tuner but it's good hear it from somebody else. I'm obviously a newbee to EFI tuning

Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM
6Fatboy9
Intermediate
Default Doc's step-by-step instructions

Does anyone have a copy of Doc's step-by-step instructions to use the Master Tune? Being a novice at EFI tuning and a newbee to Mastertune, it would be helpful if someone could point me to the place to get Doc's instructions. If the file is too big to copy / paste, is it available on a website someone??

Old 01-17-2010, 12:12 PM
6Fatboy9
Intermediate
Default Doc's step-by-step instructions for Master Tune

I found a PDF file with Doc's instructions "for dummies" and I put a copy on my computer. If anyone needs this info, (I can tell you that I need it, since I know little or nothing about tuning EFI) PM me and I'll see about sending you a copy of what I have. It may not be the latest and greatest, but it's a whole lot better than me tryin to figure this out on my own. And Doc, if you read this, a major THANKS is in order!!! I owe you a beer if we happen to meet.

Cheers

Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6Fatboy9
I found a PDF file with Doc's instructions "for dummies" and I put a copy on my computer. If anyone needs this info, (I can tell you that I need it, since I know little or nothing about tuning EFI) PM me and I'll see about sending you a copy of what I have. It may not be the latest and greatest, but it's a whole lot better than me tryin to figure this out on my own. And Doc, if you read this, a major THANKS is in order!!! I owe you a beer if we happen to meet.

Cheers
Is this the same one you found at this link:

http://www.box.net/shared/32spoht1c5

Jim
'07 Ultra

Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 PM
6Fatboy9
Intermediate

No, it's a different link than that one. This was posted on about page 32 - 35 of the sticky for Master tune

Old 01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer

No, it's a different link than that one. This was posted on about page 32 - 35 of the sticky for Master tune
Is it the same document in both? If not, I would like to have a copy of the one you have too!

Thanks

Jim

Old 01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
6Fatboy9
Intermediate

Jim
PM me and I'll give you my email address. This is a PDF file so I don't think I can send it via the forum. If you have email access let me know and I'll just send it to you

Old 01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer

Jim
PM me and I'll give you my email address. This is a PDF file so I don't think I can send it via the forum. If you have email access let me know and I'll just send it to you
PM sent. The weather here is to be 60 degrees and sunny tomorrow, SO, I am planning to do a few runs on my Ultra and do the Vtune process.

Thanks!

Jim

Old 01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer

Jim
I got it. It would appear from the file name that one is v1.0 and the other is v2.0 of the same instructions. I don't see major differences between the two procedures (did notice that v1.0 tells you to disable knock control in the tuning constants and v2.0 does not. Of course in both you set the adaptive knock retard table to all 0 so maybe it doesn't make any difference. The v2.0 has more detail and instructions. I am planning to try it tomorrow, so I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks

Jim
'07 Ultra

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information