Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the TTS for quite some time now and love it. After screwing around with it I have pretty much left it alone and been very happy. I am on vacation and while I have other projects (see sig.) I also have a set of noncat headers sitting in my shed. Is it worth the time and effort to pull the stock headers instal the new headers and do some vtuning with the new set up - what do you all think??

Old 12-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Default TTS Mastertune Information

Okay guys, please forgive my ignorance. Does the TTS serve as a replacement to a PCIII or is it an addition to a PCIII. I admit I am a little behind the times here.

BD

Old 12-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Disposition
Okay guys, please forgive my ignorance. Does the TTS serve as a replacement to a PCIII or is it an addition to a PCIII. I admit I am a little behind the times here.

BD
The TTS is a computer-based set of programs that allow tuning changes to be downloaded to the stock ECM...no external hardware like the PCIII.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:00 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 247 Likes on 159 Posts

Great thread. I bought my TTS late in the Fall, and as a winter project, put on my RB Racing LSRs and K&N based Roland Sands air cleaner kit. Didn't get a chance to tune before weather turned nasty here in MI. Winter drives me nuts! So a quick question; can I tune the bike while its up on my lift? I know it's beneficial to have the bike under load, but would I be that much further ahead by doing this now, and touch up tune in the spring? My garage is well-ventilated so no problems there. Any input advice welcome. Thanks and Happy New Year!

TedMan

Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TedMan
Great thread. I bought my TTS late in the Fall, and as a winter project, put on my RB Racing LSRs and K&N based Roland Sands air cleaner kit. Didn't get a chance to tune before weather turned nasty here in MI. Winter drives me nuts! So a quick question; can I tune the bike while its up on my lift? I know it's beneficial to have the bike under load, but would I be that much further ahead by doing this now, and touch up tune in the spring? My garage is well-ventilated so no problems there. Any input advice welcome. Thanks and Happy New Year!

TedMan
I would no even recommend running the engine while up on a lift out of doors much less tuning your bike on it in the well ventilated garage!

Wait until next year when weather is right to tune or take to dyno for tuning.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 247 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks, that's what I thought. Must be the winters here have finally comprimised the little reasoning faculty I possess

TedMan

Originally Posted by Ram
I would no even recommend running the engine while up on a lift out of doors much less tuning your bike on it in the well ventilated garage!

Wait until next year when weather is right to tune or take to dyno for tuning.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:24 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a quick couple of questions on the TTS.

My wife got me the dual band version for 2 bikes.

1) Now I understand that once it's hitched to the bike, it's married to it, but how does it know? Is there something in the program? Is it in the doogle? What is the trigger that will tell it that it's on either the RG or SB?? What tells it that it's not hitched to buddies Nighttrain??

2) Are the base maps that are on the web site still EPA approved? Just a starting point to get the bike to where you need it?

3) Looking at the 08 Touring maps. Trying to see which is best for the Bub7 TD's. What is Yuli ???

4) I haven't opened the A/C on the SB yet. I've added the Bub7 slip ons and refused to get the MOCO download. Regardless of what any one has said, it did surge and hunt until I added the VIED's. Now that I have a proper tuner for it, any suggestions for a base map to start with?

Sorry for all the questions. I've tried the search function and haven't been able to get an answer to the questions I've listed above. I'm bad that way. Once I get an interest into something, I research the hell out of it.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:44 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
1) Now I understand that once it's hitched to the bike, it's married to it, but how does it know? Is there something in the program? Is it in the doogle? What is the trigger that will tell it that it's on either the RG or SB?? What tells it that it's not hitched to buddies Nighttrain??

Each ECU has a ID number. The dongle reads the ID and ties itself to that ECU for programing. You can use the system to read the status on any bike without a marriage, only programing requires the marriage. Why, I dunno, but may have something to do with protecting intellectual property and licensing.

You can use the same software and laptop to tune multiple bikes, you may want to be careful naming the files, however, so you know which ones go to which bike.

Last edited by ColdCase; 12-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:56 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I was wondering. Could be the reason the dongle reads "Dual Band" That must be where the marriage locks in? Sound about right???

Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 PM
hrly_tech
Intermediate

1) The bikes VIN is programmed into the ECM and that is what the TTS see's to know that that is the right bike or not.

2) The base maps are not EPA approved. And are just that Base?Starting maps.

3) TD205-002-C2. Yuill Bros. is a Harley performance company out of Reno, NV.

4) I would start with AE176-002-B1 for the Street Bob.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information