Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Firedawg24
...have not gotten the TTS yet...
When you receive the disk, install the programs, then do the TTS Software Update before you begin playing with the various maps (yea, it may take some time to download all the updates).

Lots of new and useful info in the newer versions!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Firedawg24
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
When you receive the disk, install the programs, then do the TTS Software Update before you begin playing with the various maps (yea, it may take some time to download all the updates).

Lots of new and useful info in the newer versions!
Will do! My hands are sweaty just thinking about using the TTS... I can
not wait to play.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:38 AM
DirtNap
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just order a TTS Mastertune today!---!---I started out wanting a Zippers T.M.auto tune,then the tts was brought to my attention...So i started out hear in this thread on post one..Reading....And said to myself...i need to do some research....So i did...Learned the basic function of the hardware ...Then continued to read pages 1 though 17 over and over...for about a week then all the way up to page 58 today....LOL with a the updates this pass year it seems to have become very user friendly...Im ready to hear and ride with a V--Tuned MAP...awesome thread...Thanks everyone for the info

Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Pine Tree

Originally Posted by DirtNap
Just order a TTS Mastertune today!
Make/save a copy of the stock map and then have a blast!

You'll be amazed at how much you're going to learn about the HD EFI and EFI's in general.

Good luck!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just upgraded my SERT to a Master Tune on my 07 Ultra. I have the SEAC and exhaust. Thought I would try and get a little better gas mileage as I do some long (10,000 miles) trips during the summer. Last summer got between 35-42 mpg. Anyway, I am ready to do a V-tune as soon as the weather warms up, but am a little confused on what to set the CLB values to. The base map for my 07 Ultra appears to be PZ176-002-B1.MT7. Looking at it, the CLB values are already set between 525 (mostly 525) with up to 681 at the 95 kPa/1000 rpm cells. The V-tune guidebook seems to indicate a minimum setting of 640 for better mileage with larger values for performance/cooling. Since the base map is already lower than that (leaner), should I just leave the CLB from the map and go with that? Could I lower them even more for the cruising ranges? Or should I raise them all to 640? Anyone have any guidance or let me know what you have done that works for you for better mileage.

Thanks

Jim

Old 12-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Pine Tree

Originally Posted by jimclaypool
...a little confused on what to set the CLB values to...
If you look at the O2 Sensor Voltage Calculator, you'll find that the difference in AFR between 525 and 681 is only about .03 - not all that much.

I've tried a few different CLB numbers with hardly any change in either mileage or cooling. Either number should work fine...

Old 12-18-2009, 06:47 AM
hrly_tech
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your main objective is MPG, leave the CLB where they are with PZ176 Cal and you will be happy with the results. If you raised the CLB to a 700 number you would gain hardly any performance. The main difference would be a couple degrees cooler. But, since you are out cruising for the long trips, temp shouldn't be an issue. Good luck.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain

Sorry for the fk up post, i found some 2010 maps under Cal~Files,,,Neeeed Sleep...

2010 FXDB
Arlen Ness bigsucker
BUB sidecutters

Thanks

Last edited by DirtNap; 12-18-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Needing some sleep
Old 12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtNap
Man,Im having trouble programing a new map...I recorded and saved stock map,then i tried to load a new map and i get a VIN check 10 error.

Looked under TTS FAQs and found this Q: When programming an ECM the program stops and reports a VIN check 10 error. What is the problem?

A: The VIN in the vehicle indicates a different engine type than the calibration file is designed for. Verify that the correct calibration file is loaded. If everything appears correct and the error persists, please upload the original calibration and send the MTE file to TTS for evaluation.

Everything seems right ...Who do i send this to .I couldn't find a email address on the TTs site for this type of review...and it to late to call....Just really want to do a V-tune tomorrow

CTD009-01-B2.MT7 is what im trying to use.

2010 FXDB
Arlen Ness bigsucker
BUB sidecutters

Could some check this for me..
Thanks
Is your bike DBW or do you have throttle cables? Maybe try AE176-002.

Last edited by Lonewolf176; 12-18-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Is your bike DBW or do you have throttle cables? Maybe try AE176-002.
Its has a throttle cable,lol,Remembered that after i posted,just had to laugh at myself wasting two hour on WTF's,,,Ill get some sleep and jump on it tomorrow when i'm thinking straight..
Thanks for the quick reply and map suggestion ,man i really appreciate it..(hy5)

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information