Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Results of my 4th VTune run. How am I doing?

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-4th-ride-lo.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 AM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh cool I hadnt seen this. thats alot of reading ...
Originally Posted by Hogflash
Download the TTS tuning guide and look it over: http://www.mastertune.net/files/calibrations.asp

--Gary

Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
Results of my 4th VTune run. How am I doing?
Excellent! Should almost be done..............with the VE tables anyway.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ronster2
55Tango, are you running this canned Kuryakyn Crusher calibration? If so, did you use it as a starting file and vtune with it or did you just load it and run it? I believe they're using a dyno to develop these files for the different configurations, but I would think some vtuning and timing changes would be required for each bike.

I was looking at the Throttle Blade Control table in this file and they've changed this table too. I wouldn't begin to understand how you'd determine what changes to make on this table. Anyway, let me know. I may try it as a starting file just to see if there's an improvement.

ronster2
I've read this whole thread. Are you STILL having issues? You had a PINGING issue didn't you? Is this not resolved or are you just wanting to play with a different map?

Just wondering for now.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
plane
Road Captain

Decel Popping, how do you get rid of it using AFR? I mean where do you start?

If I had to guess it would be in the leftmost column, correct?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by plane
Decel Popping, how do you get rid of it using AFR? I mean where do you start?

If I had to guess it would be in the leftmost column, correct?

"Use DataMaster and record the Generic O2 data Stream. When you are riding and the popping occurs you need to mark that area of the recording so when playing it back you can find it. The way that I do it is to pull the clutch in and let the motor drop to idle when it pops. Now when I play back the data I look for the idle spot at speed and know the pop was just before that. This allows you to locate at what RPM and MAP value that things happened. Then go to the AFR table and adjust just that area. I do not use the VE tables. Another way to mark the record is to pull the clutch in and rev the motor twice quickly, you can think of lots of ways to mark a recording, it's up to you.

I also do not worry about trying to correct popping until after I have V-tune finished properly. Once the VE table are set I leave them alone.

If you get a decel pop run DataMaster and collect the data so you can see where it is poping. Then adjust the AFR richer or leaner at that point to get rid of the pop. "

From Steve Cole somewhere in this thread.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't get all the pop out by adjusting the AFR, try advancing the timing a bit in the areas determined above.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 AM
hrly_tech
Intermediate

Are you running AF176-002-B1? If you are than after your VE's are set and you go back to original AFR. Then, you should be at mostly 12.5 with some 13.0 at 20 kPa. You should be good here. If you have messed with your baffling this might be the best it is going to be. Try a little richer. Maybe 12.0-12.5.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 AM
ronster2
Advanced

No, I working to get my own calibration fixed. I just saw the post and was wondering, because they sent me a file when I bought my Crusher mufflers. They changed the Max Knock Retard from 8.0 to 3.5 degrees and I was wondering how that was working for him, since I never used it. Yes, I have had my share of pinging problems. I been working with Doc to resolve the problem. He was concerned that my temp reached 288 degrees or better while in the heat management mode, since that would cause the pinging off idle. I ran a couple of vtunes yesterday using a file he sent me. I finished the VE blends and restoring the MAP and PE mode last night. I haven't loaded the final file yet. I hope to do that today and run a scan data on the spark knock and send it to Doc. I'll let you know the outcome if you're still interested. Thanks!

ronster2

Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
plane
Road Captain

Wow, thanks for the great replies. I had to re read UltraKla$$ic a few times but I see how you do it now. Pretty damned slick.

hrly_tech, indeed I am using AF176-002-B1. Thanks for the help. I'll do some tweaking there. The bike never popped before so I'm assuming I can get it back like it used to be.

Oh and yes my VTune sessions are done. I was VERY close to all white cells in only 2 sessions. I was happy about that because I found the VTune sessions a bit stressful.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information