Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dynojet PC-V or TTS MaterTune

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Dynojet PC-V or TTS MaterTune

Hello everyone.
I have a PC-V on order thru Jamie at FuelMoto which should be shipping within the next few days but I'm really beginning to second guess myself. I should just pick up the phone and call Jamie but I thought I'd throw it out here first...
I'm really not a big fan of piggy-back systems as the PC is and I've been hearing more and more good things about the TTS MasterTune. I am looking for something pretty much "plug and play" as I know Jamie's programming is pretty much "dead nutz", but on the flip side, I'm not totally incompatent using a computer either. I really like the VTune feature of the TTS system, it seems a good feature to fine tune a programmed MAP.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any thought's to help me finally nail down a decision.
Thank's in advance, Rich

Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Hello everyone.
I have a PC-V on order thru Jamie at FuelMoto which should be shipping within the next few days but I'm really beginning to second guess myself. I should just pick up the phone and call Jamie but I thought I'd throw it out here first...
I'm really not a big fan of piggy-back systems as the PC is and I've been hearing more and more good things about the TTS MasterTune. I am looking for something pretty much "plug and play" as I know Jamie's programming is pretty much "dead nutz", but on the flip side, I'm not totally incompatent using a computer either. I really like the VTune feature of the TTS system, it seems a good feature to fine tune a programmed MAP.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any thought's to help me finally nail down a decision.
Thank's in advance, Rich
I recommend giving me a call and I can go into great detail on each product as we sell and extensively tune with both of these tuners

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
bwickes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcv - tts

Here is my take on it...

For a basic stage 1 and no future changes planned the PCV is a good solution.

If you plan on changing the bike in the future or have something more than a basic build, the TTS Master Tune is hard to beat. It is not an add on unit, is easy to tune, it has more features and options but cost a little more.

B

Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
...Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any thought's to help me finally nail down a decision....
I decided to go with the MasterTune knowing that I had to spend quite a bit of time reading the help files (I have no experience with tuning).

For someone not willing or able to dedicate the time and effort, I'd suggest they not invest in the MasterTune.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:23 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

I cant agree with the PC's usefullness being primarily for a stage 1, as the PC V offers complete control of the injectors. You can make adjustments based on alpha-n (rpm x tps) and you can also configure them based on cyl head temp, speed, gear, or any 0-5v input. You also have a wide range of ignition timing adjustment. It also has input for a map switch to switch between 2 maps (any closed/open style switch will work, including the acc switch on many HD models) You also have the option of adding the Auto Tune module which allows for complete closed loop tuning. That being said I really like the TTS as well, and have dyno tuned many bikes with the SERT/TTS. We are also a TTS dealer. But for ease of tuning it is not a fair comparison between these 2 products as the PC was designed for tuning center/consumer use and SERT/TTS was designed as a "hands on" product for a trained Harley dealer tech with a chassis dyno and a complete understanding of Delphi ECM strategy, EFI lookup tables, etc..
Whether you use the PC V or TTS or any other tuner, any one of them is only as good as its tune and I would make your choice based on the amount of support available or your willingness to learn the product.

Last edited by fuelmoto; 12-12-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Decision made!

Thx Jamie, Thx everyone. I'm going to stick with the PC-V, I apprecaite the feedback, Rich A

Old 12-12-2008, 05:59 PM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the a link to the cost of the pc v?
and is there a advantage to adding the auto tune?
and what is the extra$$ of the auto tune
thx

Old 12-12-2008, 06:07 PM
ranman469
Road Master

my bad

Last edited by ranman469; 12-12-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: found the answer. oops
Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You can make adjustments based on alpha-n (rpm x tps) and you can also configure them based on cyl head temp, speed, gear, or any 0-5v input. You also have a wide range of ignition timing adjustment. ... But for ease of tuning it is not a fair comparison between these 2 products as the PC was designed for tuning center/consumer use and SERT/TTS was designed as a "hands on" product for a trained Harley dealer tech with a chassis dyno and a complete understanding of Delphi ECM strategy, EFI lookup tables, etc..
Whether you use the PC V or TTS or any other tuner, any one of them is only as good as its tune and I would make your choice based on the amount of support available or your willingness to learn the product.
Jamie, it seems as though the PC V is going to be as hard or harder to learn than the TTS now, if one plans to use all the functionality available in the PC V. Are all those schemes available together or is it more a list of individual choices? The "per gear" function sounds interesting, but I guess I'm a little puzzled how that feature benefits our bikes which don't concern themselves with anything beyond whether the "6" lights up on the dash or not. Does it offer multiple maps based on a comparison between the speedo and tach signals?

The PC maps have previously been alpha-n-ish as well, but in all cases, being piggybacked onto a MAP-based EFI makes the end result no less MAP-based, right? Is the 0-5V input suitable for use with a MAP sensor signal, and if so, is there a dither adjustment on it?

I used a PC-III for a bit more than a year / 16k-or-so miles and graduated to a TTS tuner. The end result is a fair bit different, really. It's nice having closed-loop operation again. I feel a lot more at ease with the feeling that a clogging injector or maybe a tank of really different fuel while on a trip will be addressed as well as possible instead of the alternative. And it really is nice not having the extra connection in the main harness along with some wire and a box all wedged into a small space anymore, though to be fair, I don't recall ever having a problem with either thing.

The extra latency inherent in a piggyback system never really seemed to be detrimental to me, either, but not having it added is a nice feeling, too.

Mainly, though, for me it's really nice having the Adaptive Fuel routine up and running again. The more I've learned about it the more I like it, and having it. Having to forgo it with the PC-III was really enough of a reason for me to switch horses, so to speak.

I've seen a price for the PC-V and autotune modules somewhere 'round here. Together, the price exceeds the TTS setup by a fair margin, right?

I'm wondering. Does the wide-band close-loop system use an AFR table based on TPS/rpm? How well does this work on top of the MAP/rpm base system? How often is it recommended to free-air calibrate the O2 sensors? Is this system intended for constant use or maybe more for generating "regular" maps?

Thanks.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:12 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by glens
Jamie, it seems as though the PC V is going to be as hard or harder to learn than the TTS now, if one plans to use all the functionality available in the PC V. Are all those schemes available together or is it more a list of individual choices? The "per gear" function sounds interesting, but I guess I'm a little puzzled how that feature benefits our bikes which don't concern themselves with anything beyond whether the "6" lights up on the dash or not. Does it offer multiple maps based on a comparison between the speedo and tach signals?

The PC maps have previously been alpha-n-ish as well, but in all cases, being piggybacked onto a MAP-based EFI makes the end result no less MAP-based, right? Is the 0-5V input suitable for use with a MAP sensor signal, and if so, is there a dither adjustment on it?

I used a PC-III for a bit more than a year / 16k-or-so miles and graduated to a TTS tuner. The end result is a fair bit different, really. It's nice having closed-loop operation again. I feel a lot more at ease with the feeling that a clogging injector or maybe a tank of really different fuel while on a trip will be addressed as well as possible instead of the alternative. And it really is nice not having the extra connection in the main harness along with some wire and a box all wedged into a small space anymore, though to be fair, I don't recall ever having a problem with either thing.

The extra latency inherent in a piggyback system never really seemed to be detrimental to me, either, but not having it added is a nice feeling, too.

Mainly, though, for me it's really nice having the Adaptive Fuel routine up and running again. The more I've learned about it the more I like it, and having it. Having to forgo it with the PC-III was really enough of a reason for me to switch horses, so to speak.

I've seen a price for the PC-V and autotune modules somewhere 'round here. Together, the price exceeds the TTS setup by a fair margin, right?

I'm wondering. Does the wide-band close-loop system use an AFR table based on TPS/rpm? How well does this work on top of the MAP/rpm base system? How often is it recommended to free-air calibrate the O2 sensors? Is this system intended for constant use or maybe more for generating "regular" maps?

Thanks.
Trust me, the PC V is FAR easier to work with and tune than the TTS. I sell and work with both products and know both of them very well. I will be putting together a page on our site with a reference guide for using the advanced features with much more info on setup and programming. Remember the additional features available for the PC V are advanced options which most will not use unless they want to get into expanded usage of this product. If you have questions in the mean time you can contact me and I will explain in detail as I have little time to commit to the forums at the moment.

Quick Reply: Dynojet PC-V or TTS MaterTune