Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

DynaJet's new PC V?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DynaJet's new PC V?

So what does everyone think of the new PC V, with add-ons capability for auto-tune? Anyone know what the pricing will be?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

We are very familiar with the PC V and Auto tune and they work excellent. We have a write up with more info here www.fuelmotousa.com/pcvharley

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-04-2008, 02:53 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Jamie, I hear the PC V is only for 2009 models? Why won't it work with other 96" bikes? I have a 2007 and I haven't decided which tuner I want yet, but I would get the PC V if it worked with my bike. The ability to alter fuel based on engine temp sounds like the best solution for hot running Harleys.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
ronyd
Road Master

deadeye,

exactly what I had asked Jamie yesterday when he replied to my email. He said that in a few weeks that can make the necessary changes for any EFI scoot. Just don;t understand why its so specific for 09' models. Maybe they were in a crunch to get something out for the 09's. We'll see, but I suspect that Jamie is confident that the changes can be done to accommodate us 07' guys. Also asked about pricing, but didn;t get any numbers...

But I do like the solution, go with the PC V, and add the auto-tune if and when the bike changes warrant the add-on.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ronyd
deadeye,

exactly what I had asked Jamie yesterday when he replied to my email. He said that in a few weeks that can make the necessary changes for any EFI scoot. Just don;t understand why its so specific for 09' models. Maybe they were in a crunch to get something out for the 09's. We'll see, but I suspect that Jamie is confident that the changes can be done to accommodate us 07' guys. Also asked about pricing, but didn;t get any numbers...

But I do like the solution, go with the PC V, and add the auto-tune if and when the bike changes warrant the add-on.
Thanks for letting me know. I am running supertrapp pipes and recently put a SE air cleaner on, so I know I need a tuner. But, its getting colder here and I am not worried about overheating this Winter. I am hoping the PC V will be available before Spring weather arrives.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deadeye
Thanks for letting me know. I am running supertrapp pipes and recently put a SE air cleaner on, so I know I need a tuner. But, its getting colder here and I am not worried about overheating this Winter. I am hoping the PC V will be available before Spring weather arrives.
You do not have to worry as you have a 2007. 07 and later adjust AFR to factor specs. A bit leaner than optimum but it will adjust to your changes.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

The closed-loop EFI from 2007-on will indeed adjust the fueling to achieve the programmed-in (effectively, with gasoline) AFR. But this is primarily within the closed-loop operational areas and there are limits to the range it can correct to/in/from. But the flow changes realized when changing from the stock airbox primarily lie outside the closed-loop operational ranges and the result will be variously leaner than stock. There is no way I'd run a bike like that unless I really babied it for the short duration. Change the breathing of the engine in any way and you really need to address the fueling and spark timing. No ifs ands or buts. It's almost more important, in a way, to do this on the closed-loop EFI engines.

And if you've run your stock-programmed bike with breathing mods, with the O2 sensors functional (with or without *IEDs), you will not get good results from a canned PC map unless you reset your AFVs first.

I'm really getting sick of hearing that you can make intake/exhaust changes on the closed-loop EFI bikes and not have to worry about anything. It's not only not true, it's outright wrong. Our cars/trucks have directly measured the amount of air going into the engine for some time but our bikes do not have that sensor. Our bikes' EFI determines the amount of airflow based primarily on preset values in the programming. Whenever these values differ between the programming and the parts you actually have installed, the fueling will be wrong initially. While closed-loop an adjustment factor will get derived and will get used also open-loop, but unless your changes are the same everywhere from stock this will not work well at all. The best bet always is to set the programming values in the computer to match the equipment you're using. Then, with the closed-loop EFI, the adaptive fueling routines will be able to run in the middle of their ranges, where they're most accurate and effective, and for the purpose they're actually designed.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:25 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wallyn
You do not have to worry as you have a 2007. 07 and later adjust AFR to factor specs. A bit leaner than optimum but it will adjust to your changes.
It won't adjust to factor in stage 1 AC & pipes. Its not that flexible. Even with XIEDs, the exhaust my pumping out too much heat and I will throw a tuner on before warmer weather arrives.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 AM
ronyd
Road Master

Prices I got From Jamie-
PC V is $289.00 and the Auto tune module is $299.00

Hey Glens, what should be taken into account if using both the PC (III or V) and IED's?

Old 12-09-2008, 05:36 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Seriously, that you should've spent your money on a TTS tuning system and on none of that other stuff. mastertune.net

To the point, neither PC will work with the O2 sensors anyway (unless you're talking about the version that doesn't let you mess with the closed-loop areas, then maybe, I don't know about them or why anyone would use one). The way the PCs work is to put a dummy load on the computer's leads to the O2 sensors so the thing won't modify fueling you're doing with the PC, and what's more, so the thing won't do that in other areas you didn't expect. Case in point: first off, I'd been running around for about 1000 miles with just my 2" Rush slipons. I picked up a PC-III mapped for them and a K&N airbox, both of which I got from Jamie. The bike would not pull past 90 or so and used a lot of fuel. I reset my AFVs and re-installed the PC and other equipment and it all worked together like a pretty good dream.

At one point I'd gotten the notion to re-connect my O2 sensors to let it control a bit leaner in cruise, but it not only pulled the fuel there, but it pulled gobs from open-loop areas, too. It ran like crap, even after I'd put the "O2 eliminators" back in place. So I had to reset my AFVs again...

Then I went with the TTS and after saving my stock programming safely away, I burned in the base TTS map for those parts and have yet to bother even vtuning it. It's running better/stronger than it ever has while returning the best mileage it ever has. I'm up at least 5 mpg from the PC-III, and I'd tweaked it a little leaner in cruise from what Jamie'd provided. It's running pretty darned cool, too. And very strong.

Quick Reply: DynaJet's new PC V?