Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Looking for a map??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Mikeman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Looking for a map??

Okay I have the power commander III installed, my problem is I can't find a map for my setup. Rinehart slip-ons, Pro Hypercharger,
I called and talked to the guy at dynojet and told me to load a map for rush slip-ons, screamin eagle air intake?
Besides the cd and dynojets's website Is there any other places on the internet to find more maps. I can't even find a map just for rinehart slip-ons?
Bub's are pretty much the same thing huh?

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Considering all the variables the D-Jet recommended map could easily be as close as you'll get w/out a sniffer. IMO try it & see how she runs...

VicW.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first "real" job was as a drafstman at the old Beloit Corporation...

Ideally, you'd get the setup individually tuned anyway, but running a canned map that's close is okay for most folks. Have you asked the folks that made the intake if they have anything available. That'd be the bigger cause of change than the slipons anyway.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

The SE air kit will easily flow more air than a stock TC engine can use, as I'm sure the Hypercharger will as well. Sorta leaves the pipes as the deal breaker on the Stage one type stuff doesn't it?

VicW.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

You need a dyno tune by a competent tuner.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:00 PM
drhooligan
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mikeman
Okay I have the power commander III installed, my problem is I can't find a map for my setup. Rinehart slip-ons, Pro Hypercharger,
I called and talked to the guy at dynojet and told me to load a map for rush slip-ons, screamin eagle air intake?
Besides the cd and dynojets's website Is there any other places on the internet to find more maps. I can't even find a map just for rinehart slip-ons?
Bub's are pretty much the same thing huh?

Thanks in advance for any help

The guy at Dynojet has given you excellent advice. The brand of higher capacity(less restrictive) air cleaner unit is not an issue here with a basic stage 1. There are likely several maps on Dynojet's site that would work for you. Try the Rush map and a few others until you find the one that runs best and coolest. There is no real reason to have a pipe/air cleaner swap dyno tuned. You will find something on their site.