Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Well I searched to no avail....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
shiftless
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well I searched to no avail....

2006 Street Glide, stock. K&N air filter. I have a V&H Fuel Pac. I have the stock exhaust with the crossover pipe cutoff and welded shut. Basicly a stock 2 into 1, with a samson Rolled thunder. miter cut. free flowing, non removable baffel. I called V&H and they told me "they dont do custom exhaust". And maybe I should try SE2-1, or Propipe. None of those has a Samson muffler on the charts I have. And the settings are not even close between the 2. Any ideas on what to set the fuel pac to?

Old 11-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, the FuelPak is a problem because V&H won't release what each of the adjustments on their unit. Good luck and I hope you make it work for you.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 AM
shiftless
Cruiser
Default I have a chart

with a thousand settings, just none for my combo. Seems to work that way, getting everything you dont need. I dont know the sizes of ths SE or propipe exhaust, if one of those is the same as the stock, I'll just try those settings. It was running ok without the FP, but some folks cant leave well enough alone....Thank you Bluesssman, anybody else got any ideas?

Old 11-24-2008, 07:04 PM
RustyCor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not running V&H exhaust, then put either Powercommander or SERT in your bike. I don't understand how you got 2into1 out of cutting out the bypass & welding closed the bypass openings. Do you have a hi flow air filter with the K&N filter or are you running stock air cleaner with a K&N replacement filter? These questions have a lot of bearing on the choices for your ECM.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:24 PM
yso191
Club Member

It may be that you need to change tuners. TTS MasterTune will generate a custom map for your (any) exact setup. FWIW

Steve

Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 AM
shiftless
Cruiser
Default Re

I am running the stock air cleaner housing with a K&N air cleaner. the first pic is where I cut the crossover pipe off and welded shut this is the samson rolled thunder free flowing muffler. And I just bought the Fuel Pac used. I would hate to buy another one. It was running ?good? with just the stock ECU, but I wanted to make sure I did'nt damage the motor by a too lean mix.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
wallyn
Road Captain

If you still have the O2 sensor installed, The stock ECU should work for you. I believe it adjusts to the proper AFR as the 2007s would. I think the 06 touring had O2 sensors.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:52 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Shiftless, you'd do well to consider comparing the VE tables between base maps for 2-into-1 and for stock exhaust, like in the old SERT software that seems to be readily available right here on the Internet. Look at graphical views of the maps and compare the "topographies".

Of course, you now have neither of the systems you'll be considering, but it should give you a clear indication that you need to address the discreet fueling balance between the cylinders with the different type of exhausts.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:36 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by yso191
TTS MasterTune will generate a custom map for your (any) exact setup.
Not on his bike it won't. 06 Street Glides are not closed loop. He'd have to wait for (and purchase) the closed loop upgrade TTS is supposed to come out with.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:49 PM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by ToBeFrank
Not on his bike it won't. 06 Street Glides are not closed loop. He'd have to wait for (and purchase) the closed loop upgrade TTS is supposed to come out with.
I stand corrected.

Steve

Quick Reply: Well I searched to no avail....