Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Using TSII/Wego w/TTS Mastertune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using TSII/Wego w/TTS Mastertune?

Anybody done this w/good results? How did you address the TTS 1% TP in the VE tables? Any pointers for this newbie?

TIA,

VicW.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:42 PM
oldbag
Banned

I used the Twin Scan II+. I could not be any happier with the way mine runs. I was surprised how much better it ran after tuning. I thought it was good before the tune. No heat at all after tuning.

I started with file 205-011-B1.MT7. It was very close except in the bottom left corner of the VE Tables. In a line from 2250 @ 1% down to 7000 @ 15 % the cells to the left of the line I had to add to the VE Table.

A little more timing in the low RPM-low TPS range will give some more pulling power.

The Twin Scan II+ is a killer tuning tool.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

As I understand it now, the 1% TP column is strictly for the newer DBW bikes & the older MT.6 files don't have it & are more suitable for my modified '02.

oldbag, curious why you didn't use V-Tune w/your new bike?

VicW.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:08 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sleeps In Trees
Anybody done this w/good results? How did you address the TTS 1% TP in the VE tables? Any pointers for this newbie?
After going through the tmax, the twinscan, and now a dyno tune, my opinion is skip the first two and get a dyno done. With the TS you'll end up with just an ok tune, although the difference between that tune and the base map was pretty big. However, I got an extra 5/5 with the dyno tune and the tuner fixed the throttle response issue I was unable to fix when tuning with the TS. Not to mention the algorithm used in the TS software to generate your VE tables is pretty basic and doesn't work very well. I ended up writing my own and used the TS only to log the data to input to my algorithm.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Thank you for the candid answer ToBeFrank. I definitely plan on getting it dyno-tuned but I just have to wait a little while ($$). Since I already have the TSII/Wego I thought it might be fun to try & tune up a map in the meantime. I figure I can always go back to my current ECM calibration & half azzed tuned PCIII if my attempts don't work out so good...

...now I'm not so sure it'd be worth the effort?

VicW.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:05 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sleeps In Trees
Thank you for the candid answer ToBeFrank. I definitely plan on getting it dyno-tuned but I just have to wait a little while ($$). Since I already have the TSII/Wego I thought it might be fun to try & tune up a map in the meantime. I figure I can always go back to my current ECM calibration & half azzed tuned PCIII if my attempts don't work out so good...

...now I'm not so sure it'd be worth the effort?
If you already have the TS and you're not going to get a dyno tune for a while, it will probably be worth it. Unless your base map is pretty close, you'll notice a big difference, especially on a built engine.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Thanks TBF. I think I'm gonna give it a whirl when the weather straightens up enuff to get some riding (data logging) time in.

VicW.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Just an update; Man, this TTS is SWEEEEET!!! I can honestly say that my bike is running much better right now than it ever has. And I'm not even finished w/tuning yet. This is working out very nicely...anyone considering the TTS tuner & TSII/Wego I say go for it, you won't be sorry!

It'll be awhile, but I can hardly wait to see (feel) the results of a good dyno-tune w/this thing!

...BTW, anybody wanna buy a good PCIIIusb? >grin<

VicW.