Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Are X14iED's the right solution? Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:46 PM
columbia whaler
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are X14iED's the right solution? Advice please

I have a 08' FXD and recently installed Rush 2" slip-on's, SE round back plate with K&N filter, and had the SE Download performed. In the stock configuration the motor ran hot, had some surge at about 25mph, and I was experiencing pinging at open throttle settings. After the stage 1 mods the motor still runs hot, I experience popping on decel, but the pinging at open throttle settings is gone. It still surges at 25mph. This tells me that the ECM is still causing a lean condition in closed loop mode but the download helped the AFR in open loop mode (I'm no expert so I could be wrong on this!). After reading through 230 pages on the iED thread my thought is that the Nightrider X14iED's would add just enough fuel in the closed loop mode to cool the bike and get rid of the popping on decel.
Does this seem to be a logical solution?

Any body else running the SE A/C, Rush 2", SE Download, with iED's on a 08'?

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 PM
roadking1893
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At 5K miles I discovered the XiED's installed a K&N airfilter with the stock pipes.. the bike ran cooler and better throttle responds. Since then I Imodified my stock exhaust andturn them into true dual and added a set of custom mufflers for sound and ot course more flow. It runs great now with plenty of throttle response and much cooler. with the high flow pipes I installed no back firing I decided to go with the Thunder Max with auto tune just to make sure what I've done I can take advantage of and make sure the AFR is correct for all the mod I've done.

The XIED's really help a great deal, coler, no back fire and better throttle response. I would recommend them. If you are thinking of getting a set I won't be needing mine after I install the Thunder Max. PM me and shoot me an offer for them.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 PM
RSBear
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 Fat Bob and am running Khrome Werks slip-ons, SE heavy breather air cleaner, stage 1 download and put the XiED (13.8 AFR version) on yesterday. No popping on decel, no backfire, no surging or hesitation. Greatly improved low-end power with all those mods together. Too early to tell about heat. Commute tomorrow (in heavy traffic) will be the heat test.