Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS DataMaster - configuring frames?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS DataMaster - configuring frames?

Is it possible to configure what constitute a frame in DataMaster? By that I mean tell it I only want certain values so that less data is being sent over the bus and thus I can get more frames per second. Or is a frame always all the values? I know I can configure what gets displayed, but that doesn't seem to affect what gets logged from the bus.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,559 Likes on 1,629 Posts

You cannot fully configure the collected data. There are several preset data frames for you to select from in the product already. You have to select which type data prior to the recording. You can look it up in the "Help" file in DataMaster and it shows how to set it up.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:42 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Thanks, that's what I figured. Any chance a future version will allow us to configure what is logged? I'm testing for knock so I only need a few values, which would increase my frame rate greatly over the Engine Data setting.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

There is a limit on the buss transfer rate from the ECM. I do not remember it off the top of my head but if you collect Dyno data that runs the buss wide open. Check and see how fast that is on your system and compare to the rate your seeing in the normal mode. You can speed things up by selecting the graph not to update while recording too. It's all in the manual about speeding the recording speed up. As far as any changes, not in the near future.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Thanks again. Unfortunately, the Dyno Data setting doesn't collect Knock Retard so I guess I'm stuck with the Engine Data setting.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

That not what I meant for you to do. What I wanted was for you to go collect dyno data and see what the collection rate is. Then go to the data you want and see if by cutting back on the display update rate you can get to the same data collection rate. If you can it's as good as it gets. Since it takes time for the PC to update the graph and screen while gathering data turning those off may do the trick for you. It all depends on the PC.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
That not what I meant for you to do. What I wanted was for you to go collect dyno data and see what the collection rate is. Then go to the data you want and see if by cutting back on the display update rate you can get to the same data collection rate. If you can it's as good as it gets. Since it takes time for the PC to update the graph and screen while gathering data turning those off may do the trick for you. It all depends on the PC.
Ah, ok. I'll play around with it and see what happens.