Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS update?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:32 PM
RustyCor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton
I agree on the thought that the offenders should have just been dealt with, but now it is what it is so we will keep moving forward . Talked to Doc today and as usual he was nothing but helpful. I ordered a TTS and cable to replace the DTT I am currently running. The DTT did what it was designed to do and dont want to say it is a problem tuner, but there are some peculiarities to it that were magnified by my bigger build. Being the perpetual tinkerer that I am, going to give the Mastertune a try.
HI Dalton! What are you going to do with your DTT when you take it off?

Old 10-25-2008, 11:01 PM
cts1950
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton
I agree on the thought that the offenders should have just been dealt with, but now it is what it is so we will keep moving forward . Talked to Doc today and as usual he was nothing but helpful. I ordered a TTS and cable to replace the DTT I am currently running. The DTT did what it was designed to do and dont want to say it is a problem tuner, but there are some peculiarities to it that were magnified by my bigger build. Being the perpetual tinkerer that I am, going to give the Mastertune a try.
You won't be disappointed with this decision. I too am a tinkerer and the master tune and vtune work as advertised. I too removed my dtt to use the delfi ecm and o2 sensors and tts system. No regrets my bike has never run better and the fuel economy jumped from 36 mpg to 45 mpg no pinging issues either. Thanks DOC1

Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 AM
oldbag
Banned

STICKY: TTS Harley Tuner...should be reopened. This forum is getting like the economy.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyCor
HI Dalton! What are you going to do with your DTT when you take it off?
It is for sale. $400 which includes everything and an additional new O2 sensor (those go for $100 by themselves) and includes shipping to your door. First come, first serve. I have not pulled it off yet but only takes minutes to do.

PM me if interested.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbag
This forum is getting like the economy.
You mean fugged up.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,558 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Anyone who was waiting on cables they came in this morning and all back orders are being shipped out today. So the cable supply problems are over with now.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by steve cole
anyone who was waiting on cables they came in this morning and all back orders are being shipped out today. So the cable supply problems are over with now.
hoooray ....!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve
I ask this with the upmost respect.

What is a realistic expectation for an upgrade for current SERT owners? For the last few months we understood that you were working on the 2009 bikes and could not allocate any time. Beyond doing something with the dongle that we currently have (firmware upgrade?), giving us a new disk with the new software on it and pricing it - what is left? Is there coding work to do to make the old dongle work?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,558 Likes on 1,628 Posts

The work right now is making sure the software works with all operating systems. Good old Windows takes a lot of work to test across the board. Once the software is working it will be place on the Mastertune Web site so it can be downloaded and installed at the custom end. With the program installed you will need to connect the old SERT interface to the bike and the software will let you know if the unit can be upgraded or not. If it can be upgraded it will be return to us along with the data recovered by the program for upgrading. That's how it's going to work.

Now about when it will be ready that kind of depends on how the testing goes. If all is well then it should be ready in a few weeks, but if issues are found it depends on what it takes to solve them.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 AM
oldbag
Banned

Come on Shovelhead Bob, this thread needs to be up top as a "STICKY".

Quick Reply: TTS update?