Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE Pro Super Tuner help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
user 9375875
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeroark
So looking at both units I saw where the TTS has maps for downloads, is there any for the 09 touring bikes yet. Looking at the names of the files how can i tell which one of the canned maps will work best. Also is the best place to buy direct from TTS?
TTS has had maps for the 2009 touring bikes since last July. Go to http://www.mastertune.net/files/calibrations.asp and download the Delphi manuals and calibration listing.

--Gary

Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 AM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildBill2566
Why is it better, what can it do that the super SERT cannot do.

Just curious, I have the super SERT and dont really see what else I would need for minor mods like stage 1.

I also like the new data storeage device, which is better than hauling a laptop like I had to do with my old SERT.

I'm not saying you are not correct, just asking.

i know this is a old thread, but this is a good ?? i went to the tts site looking for the faq`s no answers there yet.
and i`m trying to make the same choice.
tts or the new se pro tuner

the bike is going to stage 1 now then 113 se kit next summer

thanks for any guidance on this

Old 08-09-2009, 10:26 PM
05LowRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread that someone resurected. But I thought I'd chime in with some observations of my own on the "file not compatible" error. I get it from time to time when making changes to my bike's programming. No rhyme or reason and I know I'm using a compatible file.

I have found that sometimes I have to turn the bike's ignition on and then boot up the SEST software. Open up the file I want to download. Then hit the flash download icon. It will successfully recognize the file as a legitimate file for my bike's ECM and complete the download. Otherwise, it just stays locked on the "file not compatible" message and will not allow me to reprogram.

It seems to be specific to certain 205 files that I have modified with tables from my original dyno tune. The files say they are compatible with my ECM part number. But alas, they put up a fight!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 AM
tckitt13
Advanced

Look into the ThunderMax from Zipper's. It will do anything you want and more. It also has the ability to self-tune to different target fuel ratios. You can tune to 13 to 1 for performance and tune the cruising throttle positions and RPM range to 14.4 to 1 for great fuel mileage while still maintaining a cooler engine temp (Harley factory setting is 14.6 to 1).

Old 08-11-2009, 05:36 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tckitt13
Look into the ThunderMax from Zipper's. It will do anything you want and more. It also has the ability to self-tune to different target fuel ratios. You can tune to 13 to 1 for performance and tune the cruising throttle positions and RPM range to 14.4 to 1 for great fuel mileage while still maintaining a cooler engine temp (Harley factory setting is 14.6 to 1).
Yeah you are a slave to the unit, nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. Its difficult to adjust timing or other esoteric values without a dyno. It has a tendency to lose its mind now and then for a few folks..... unexplained idle glitches... but yes look into it... Not saying its a bad product but it won't do everything easily but maybe it does enough for the money.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
AlFoley
Intermediate
Default Se sert vs tts

Anyone care to say what HD would say if they found you had used the TTS process on your 08 Dyna, does/would it void the warranty, (assuming you had done simple Stage 1 mods, like Air filter & exhaust, without any internal chnages to engine)?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
SFDonovan
Cruiser

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but a tech at my local dealership brought that very same thing up last night. I am trying to justify the SE Pro and map price tag of $537 by the dealership for something I may only use a couple times after I buy my dual slip on's. He said if anything were to go horribly wrong and I was using the TTS, they could make a case that I just voided my entire extend warranty. Scare tactic or not?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

With the TTS (or any other full blown tuner), if you bring your bike in for service you simply re-flash your stock map (that you save on initial connection to the ECM) and they can't say chit.

If all you're doing is slipons and maybe hi-flow air intake, then call Jamie at fuelmoto (sponsor here) and tell him what you've got and he'll load a map on a PCV and send it to you. Plug it in and be on your way.

If you want the ability to tweak maps/tunes then you'll need to go with something that provides that ability such as SEPST, TTS, PV, etc. If you add cams or anything else later on though, you will want a full blown tuner as the PCV is simply not equipped to handle these kinds of modifications properly.

Originally Posted by SFDonovan
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but a tech at my local dealership brought that very same thing up last night. I am trying to justify the SE Pro and map price tag of $537 by the dealership for something I may only use a couple times after I buy my dual slip on's. He said if anything were to go horribly wrong and I was using the TTS, they could make a case that I just voided my entire extend warranty. Scare tactic or not?