Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Missing at Idle/low rpm

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:14 PM
stinkfist
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing at Idle/low rpm

I've got a 07 fatboy that sounds like it might be missing on the rear cylinder. I've got a PCIII installed on the bike and just put a Crane Cam 1-6001 (which is a fairly mild bolt-in cam) in it. Bike has about 2700 miles on it. The idle sounds irregular, but I thought it might just be due to the new cam. When I place my hand under the individual pipes I notice the front pipe pushing air at a more steady and faster pace than the rear cylinder. I pulled the plugs and as expected, the rear plug is blacker than the front, but not caked with soot by any means.
Being new to motos in general, I'm not sure if its safe on the motor to just pull the plug wire while its running to check for a noticable change, as I would with a car. Or is it ok to pull both plugs and re-attach the plug wires to see if I have a spark when I try to start the bike?
Any advice on the possible problem or troubleshooting would be appreciated.
Thanks.