Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

twinscan/sert setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 AM
slojimbo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twinscan/sert setup

Have a new RGwith a big motor and have installed twin scan to help with the Sert setup. I'm able to run it and recover info but I'm fuzzy on how to use it. After about thirty runs and fooling around for days I'm looking for advice from someone experienced in its use. Would greatly appreciate an explanation of the steps necessary to succeed. Thanks very much

Old 09-25-2008, 12:16 PM
trubek
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you using the Datona Twin Scan with WEGO O2 Sensors? If so what I have found is what you need to do is set all the cells in your map to 13.5 ( using the SERT ) and reload the map then ride the bike. You have to make several runs to record data in the cells. When you feel that you have enough data, then you make changes to your VE tables to correct for the cells running rich or lean. I will rename this map as program1 and then load this into the ECM. I then do another several runs and make the changes as nessary. You keep doing this until you start to see that the cells are not being corrected for, this will be close to having a good tune on the bike. When I have things where I think they are good as it's going to get, I then ride the bike and check the spark plugs for a good burn color and gas milage. My gas milage is anywhere between 50 mpg ( 70 mph) and 40 mpg (80 mph) depending how fast I'm cruising down the road. I used this set up on an 07 RK, I also have the LC-1 O2 sensors from Nightrider which is a WB Sensor. Hope this helps

Old 09-25-2008, 02:40 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Twin-Scan is a good tool. The only downside I see about it is that you have to manually change your VE tables.

The new TTS tuner (genetically related to the SERT) has software and a special datalog format to automatically tune the VE tables using the stock O2 sensors. I know 100% throttle (and maybe 90%?) is not included, but everywhere else can be "gotten" without a dyno, in the "wild." Some care needs to be taken, though, while generating the datalogs.