Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

08 owners beware FBW and Induction Modules

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008 | 08:58 AM
pounder35
|
Tourer
Angry 08 owners beware FBW and Induction Modules

I've been reading on here lately and have seen a few posts where the bike is going into Limp Mode and no Throttle Response and I'm saying I'm not the only one. Wowwwwww thas me man...

Turns out it's not the FBW throttle it's the Induction Module. As for me I purchased my 08 when they first came out and have added alot of goodies like Bars a long time ago (For all you Bagger ape fans) you have to change the or extend the wires right?? And how do you do that by soldering the wires correct? Well thats how i did it b4 there service bulletin came out 2-3 mos ago saying use or don't solder the wires use the harley extend a clip wire harness. just plug and play

So I'm at the stealer one day and they tell me about the problem said it's all warranty and they change my FBW Twist grip and the wiring going thru the fairing. No problems right??

Wronggg Cruising down the Highway the bike backfires all of a sudden and just cuts out
goes into limp home mode (bike idling but no throttle response) pull over and I'm about a good 100 miles from my dealer. So I pull over and try starting it over and over all the way back to the dealer as sometimes it will run and cut out all the way back (Longggg 100 miles man).

See all this Limp Mode started after my wires were replaced they were fine when my tech just soldered them together. No problems at all

Anyways after all this turns out it's the Induction Module.

Has or can anyone relate here??

Old 08-10-2008 | 07:30 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like the tech didn't pay attention to the codes that were thrown....

They are very definitive... One is for the TGS (Twist Grip Sensor), and it allows limited power from about 10% to 50% throttle, the other is for the IM, and prevents most power, from about 20-25% on up.....