Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Kuryakan LED Taillight Issue - Security

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Bluetick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakan LED Taillight Issue - Security

I had a Kuryakan LED Deluxe taillight installed on a 2008 Heritage Classic Softail. I also had a Kuryakan modulator installed that would make the taillight and rear signals blink four times and then go full when the brakes are pressed. Tonight, I went for a ride and when I used the right turn signal, the security light came on and the flashers all came on. Using the left turn signal works just fine, just the right turn signal creates a problem. The taillight was installed yesterday, and there were no problems. But tonight, the right turn signal make the bike act like the security system has been activated. Any idea of what this issue could be?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you install the CORRECT load equalizer (For TSSM's)???

Take out of the loop the Modulator unit, and see if the problem still exists....

Kury units are NOT a simple plug and play device.... Most are, but the combo units give fits due to the load EQ's....

Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Bluetick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was actually installed at a custom bike dealer. I was told that this was Harley-Davidson way of indicating a short (security light on and flashers on). He replaced the RST controller and it has work fine for the last two days. Might have been a bad part, but it seemed odd.