Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ICM

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 PM
oldeboyze
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ICM

I have a 2004 FLHTC.&nbsp\\; It's a carbureted bike. Today, when I tried to start my bike, the red key light came on and stayed on.&nbsp\\; When I put Run/Off switch to Run, the igntion&nbsp\\;fuse blew.&nbsp\\; This happened repeatedly.&nbsp\\; I disconnected the cable to the Ignition Control Module and was then able to get the bike to crank.&nbsp\\; it wouldn't run, but did crank.&nbsp\\; Then I reconnected the cable to the Ignition Control Module and tada.. the bike started and ran.&nbsp\\; This very same thing happened to me one year ago.&nbsp\\; Is it possible that the ICM is gimmicky?&nbsp\\; I thought it either worked or didn't.&nbsp\\; I am off on a cross Canada trip in ten days and am pretty anxious now about the reliability of my bike.&nbsp\\; Any ideas?
&nbsp\\;
oldeboyze