Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

EFI 101

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM
fcringo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face TTL vs Tmax

I'm following the adjustments that can be done but it looks like the TTL still requires a good dyno man and I'm not sure if there is one around here that will take the right time with my bike. Meaning, leaving the system to me or a preloaded map and a preloaded or auto tune seems best. The TTL website didn't answer a whole lot. I hope I'm not side tracking this line too much but before I spend my good money I'd like learn and have others wisdom. Thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
pmrobert
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever happened to whittlebeast? He seemed to have been presenting some excellent information. Is he OK?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve Cole, you've got mail..

Forget about it, the more I'm learning the more I'm leaning on TTS!! If you're going to do it, do it right the first time! Remember, you got to pay to play!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:09 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whittlebeast got canned from the site a while back.

I'm not really planning on doing anything to my engine innards, but I'd gotten a PC-III to use while I decided on what EFI stuff I wanted to go with the K&N airbox and slipons. I'd rather settled on the DTT system but opted for a TTS instead when it became available. Am quite satisfied.

The bike ran pretty good on the canned PC-III map I got from fuelmoto (once I'd reset my AFVs, not very well before then). I fired the base TTS map for my stuff into the ECU and did a little datalogging while I checked it out. It ran the best it ever had, and to be honest, I haven't "had the time" to vtune it yet, several k miles later. I'm sure I'm leaving some on the table but it's running strong and getting great fuel mileage. I'm still debating whether the returns will be worth the time or not. At least not until next spring. Winter has moved in here.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by glens
...I fired the base TTS map for my stuff into the ECU and did a little datalogging while I checked it out. It ran the best it ever had...
I can report the same thing. The suggested starting MT7 file for my bike had a significant positive impact. But I did go ahead and do the VTune and saw a slight improvement. Future data runs and VTunes will yield better results I'm sure.

If nothing else, I have a better understanding of both how my bike runs and tuning in general...I don't think that's a bad thing.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:07 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(actually, I'm too lazy to clean the air filter, don't want to vtune on a dirty one, and have really no idea what it looks like after all summer and all the relatively recent harvesting going on in these parts, and certainly don't want to go through the process an extra time if I think once might not wind up being worth the effort in the first place, but basically I'm lazy)