Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Failure on the Speed/Tach combo Unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Spanish Flyer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failure on the Speed/Tach combo Unit

I have a Dyna FXDC 07 and as a great improvement I installed a speed/ revcounter unit from Harley (74719-07&nbsp\\; Combo speedo/tach spun alum face&nbsp\\; ). It has worked perfectly till a couple of days ago, when I was showing my bike to a possible buyer, I switched on and to my and the clients surprise, the speedo was showing 88.000 Km instead of the 3.000 Km it really has. I have tried to reset the unit in several ways, but the fact is it will not change. Even tried resetting the unit but to no avail
My question is if someone has suffered the same problem and what they have done. Even though I bought the unit 6 months ago, I have only done 700 miles with it. MMy bike is kept in a private garage and never did anything that could damage the unit.
&nbsp\\;
Harley says I only have 90 days limited warranty, but surely that cannot be right. The unit worked perfectly till yesterday, so I had no worries about it being safe and sound, but now I find myself with this urgent problem.
&nbsp\\;
Can anyone tell me what is going on?
Also, has anyone had the same problem?
&nbsp\\;
BR,
Spanish Flyer