Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Stage 1 - Blue Flames Spitting

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Dethlace
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 - Blue Flames Spitting

Reposting from Touring forum...

Just set up the bike with stage 1 this weekend. Went wiht the Fuelmoto power pack...Jackpot Mufflers (Fuelmoto custom pipes), Big Sucker, and PCIII. Install went well, the map being used is a custom one set up by Fuelmoto for this set of mods. I zeroed out the throttle in the PCIII. Seems to be running pretty well, but I'm getting a good amount of decel gurgling and popping. Called fuelmoto and they said the popping was common on this setup. HOwever, when I'm at idle and give the throttle a good pull, as its revving down I'm getting a good loud pop and a nice big blue flame jet out of the right side pipe. They suggested tweaking the zero throttle numbers, but I thought I'd throw it out here for some ideas before I begin the scary process of altering my map (gulp).

Thanks for any info!

(BTW - absolutely LOVE the way these pipes sound. Deep rumbling low end, nice throaty growl on accelleration. Perfect volume level for me!)

Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stage 1 - Blue Flames Spitting

Sounds like it is over Rich. Common for canned maps. Check the Zero Throttle numbers and back them down 1 or 2 points at a time. And see if you can tell a difference. Just save the MAP every time you make a change under a different file name so you have backups. Once you upload the MAP to the PCIII you wipe the past map so always save a backup.