Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

L.E.D. turnsignal trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
jomo924
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L.E.D. turnsignal trouble

while relocating turn signals on my wifes 2002 hugger (for saddlebag installation) i screwed something up with turn signals,,,heres how it went, when i had just about finished the relocation part i turned on the lights and the taillight and right signal worked the left didnt,,, so i quickly removed the right(working) assy and plugged it into the left socket, it didnt light,,, so figuring the problem was more involved i returned the right assy to its right position AND NOW it didnt work anymore,,, sigh, so i took left side apart and found i had crossed the two leads (purple/blk stripe&amp\\;\\\\\\; black) i&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; repaired that but now that neither turn signal works (the taillight functions fine ) what did i do???burn something out??? do those l.e.d. units burn out that quick by reversing the leads??? i can use some direction here from someone that knows about this and has had led experience&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; thanks all