Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No oil pressure...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Smokedawg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil pressure...

If this should be in the oil thread...let me know...
&nbsp\\;
Anyhow, about 2 weeks ago a friend of mine came over and we started changing the oils in my bikes.&nbsp\\; He took off working on the softtail..before I knew it, he took the crank case plug out and drained all that oil.&nbsp\\; I put the plug back in and showed him the hose he was suppose to pull off to drain the oil.&nbsp\\; After we put the oil back in, we fired it up and it ran fine.&nbsp\\; Since then, it has drove ~150 miles with no problem.&nbsp\\;

This morning I went to fire it up to go to work and the oil light came on.&nbsp\\; I parked it and jumped on my other bike and ran to work.&nbsp\\; When I got home, I took the sending unit off and hooked a pressure guage on it.&nbsp\\; I fired the bike up and the guage never moved.
&nbsp\\;
Oil pump I assume?&nbsp\\; That much a PIA to change out?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks,

Derek

Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: No oil pressure...

Take the feed line off at the case and see if you have an oil supply flowing....if not something is blocking the flow from the tank to the engine. Thats the first step