Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Pinging T-max has me Fuming!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Aesop
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pinging T-max has me Fuming!!!!

Hi Folks\\;

Just thought I would add to the discussion. When I installed my TMax, 07 Ultra Classic/K&N breather/Rienhart 2 into1, I experienced a little pigging on decel from 2500RPM to 2100 RPM. I just left the system alone and let it do its thing, after about 500 miles it had sorted itself out. I think its good advice to leave the TMax to do its stuff and see what happens.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;GADS.... Yup 4 frowns and I have Tmax too....
&nbsp\\;
I don't really know how to get my&nbsp\\;bike dialed in past the map suggested for my mods. My MPG is #$%! maybe 80 to 85 miles on a half tank. Not hot on the throttle I expected a better running bike after redshift 575 cams went in.
&nbsp\\;
I forgot to note that I have almost 1000 miles on the bike since&nbsp\\;cams went in. I wonder if I should clear learned offset and start fresh?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;I am NOT a software wizard- and I bought the Tmax with (auto tune ) for the reason that this device was supposed to "auto tune" not make the bike owner&nbsp\\; auto-fume!
&nbsp\\;
I'd like to see a TMAX header in the forum here so we Tmax users could just click that and see whats going on. without searching for Tmax posts\\; it appears that some have this contraption figured out, I don't yet- and yes, I did download the manual and have read through it and plan to re-read it again.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks,
&nbsp\\;
Mark

Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Buzzardbait
Advanced

ORIGINAL: mgmmgm

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;GADS.... Yup 4 frowns and I have Tmax too....
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
I don't really know how to get my&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;bike dialed in past the map suggested for my mods. My MPG is #$%! maybe 80 to 85 miles on a half tank. Not hot on the throttle I expected a better running bike after redshift 575 cams went in.
I forgot to note that I have almost 1000 miles on the bike since&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;cams went in. I wonder if I should clear learned offset and start fresh?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;I am NOT a software wizard- and I bought the Tmax with (auto tune ) for the reason that this device was supposed to "auto tune" not make the bike owner&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; auto-fume!
I'd like to see a TMAX header in the forum here so we Tmax users could just click that and see whats going on. without searching for Tmax posts\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; it appears that some have this contraption figured out, I don't yet- and yes, I did download the manual and have read through it and plan to re-read it again.
Thanks,
Mark
You're mileage is not unexpected if you didn't go in and play with the software and the settings are set for 13.something AFR across the board.....this will make the bike run rich at all times..
&nbsp\\;
the thing will autotune to what YOU tell it to tune to...&nbsp\\;but you have to know where you want it to tune to...&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said on the autotune part. Too many people figure it will do wonders to a close map. I'm going with the manual adjust method as close as I can and then let the AT do it's thing to my map changes. If someone chooses the wrong map it won't fix it, ever, as hard as it may try.
Ron

Old 07-04-2008, 09:24 AM
JustLoafin
Cruiser

Well..............................so far so good on my changes.&nbsp\\; I did make one adjustment straight from map 524, that was the decel fuel enrichment setting.&nbsp\\; It did help clear up alot of the decel popping I was getting.&nbsp\\; I rode my bike for over 2000 miles this spring before really tinkering with the T-max.&nbsp\\; It was doing great until the weather warmed up.&nbsp\\; That's when I started adjusting things.&nbsp\\; I try to be careful about the fuel I buy but, When out on the road I may not be able to be as selective.&nbsp\\; And I am carrying some octane boost just in case but I really wanted to minimize the need for that.&nbsp\\; I have never had starting issues and it has never left me with a feeling that it was going to fail me.&nbsp\\; I just need to get a tune that will allow me to run without having to carry a laptop with me where ever I go.&nbsp\\; My mileage runs about 35-37 mpg commuting (13 miles one way about half highway and half city driving) and on our day trips I get 44-48 mpg.&nbsp\\; I can live with that.&nbsp\\; And I agree we should have a designated T-max thread as well as the other tuners.&nbsp\\; It would make information swapping much easier.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:15 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to see you are thinking outside the box and robbing other maps info to your own. Whatever it takes to make it work. Scarey how it all seems to make sense at some point. Congrats. I also agree with the seperate tmax area. Lots of good knowledge out there from the been there done that people, but takes forever to chase it down.
Ron

Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 PM
JustLoafin
Cruiser

I am trying figure out how to get my map on here for others to look at but I can't figure it out.&nbsp\\; I try changing the extension but it won't except it.&nbsp\\; If anyone is interested let me know how to post it here or e-mail me at aplmedic@worldnet.att.net.&nbsp\\; I will send the file to you.&nbsp\\; And feel free to critique, alter or use.&nbsp\\; Thank you for your help.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Twolf
Road Master

Old 07-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Twolf
Road Master