Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

air/fuel ratio after stage 1 download

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008 | 05:12 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Default RE: air/fuel ratio after stage 1 download

Some of us can't afford a comlpete ECM tune, just to get our bikes to run a little cooler.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-12-2008 | 05:21 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

You spend $15,000.00 to $20,000.00 on a bike and not another $400.00 to make it right.....I don't understand

Old 06-12-2008 | 05:29 PM
Donny
Road Captain

Right after I bought my bike, the economy went down the toilet,&nbsp\\;My hours went down by 3/4, and I'm looking for a new job, which is real tough right now. Gas prices make it even worse. Can't sell the bike, because it's my transportation, and I owe too much&nbsp\\;on it. The ONLY person I would let tune my bike, is you, Doc, and shipping my bike to you would cost a fortune. believe me, I would LOVE a dyno tune!&nbsp\\;

Old 06-12-2008 | 05:38 PM
Donny
Road Captain

BTW,&nbsp\\;around here, the sert is $500, plus most places want $150 to "install it" and another $80+ per hour for dyno runs. I went to dozens of dealers, and not one of them seemed to really know what they were talking about, and not one of them would let me have a copy of the map or readout. That's when I gave up on that. Someday I will get the TTS tuner and will come see you.

Old 06-12-2008 | 06:08 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes I understand....hopefully every thing will get better soon....sorry about your job, no one is wanting to pay for training either. It's been 5 months for me now.

Old 06-13-2008 | 12:30 PM
ican
Tourer

Doc, Was in your area last week doing Training&nbsp\\; in Orlando at Universal Technical Institute, and at Okeechobee, Fl. Had to stop in Sebring to fix my Son-in-Law's Sportster. ( Had to take it on a long test ride to make certain it was OK ) I wonder if Harley has a different program for the bikes they sell in Mexico. I've been down there enough to know what kind of crap they have for fuel in some of the out of the way places. Don

Old 06-13-2008 | 12:45 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ican

Doc, Was in your area last week doing Training&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; in Orlando at Universal Technical Institute, and at Okeechobee, Fl. Had to stop in Sebring to fix my Son-in-Law's Sportster. ( Had to take it on a long test ride to make certain it was OK ) I wonder if Harley has a different program for the bikes they sell in Mexico. I've been down there enough to know what kind of crap they have for fuel in some of the out of the way places. Don
&nbsp\\;
Don that is a good question but I don't know the answer.&nbsp\\; I used to work for UTI/MMI in Orlando.

Old 06-30-2008 | 07:51 PM
davidhovlandg
Novice

&nbsp\\;Doc I have a 08 Ultra with a sert would the new tmax with auto tune help my bike Thanks

Old 06-30-2008 | 11:35 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: davidhovlandg

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Doc I have a 08 Ultra with a sert would the new tmax with auto tune help my bike Thanks
&nbsp\\;
I don't use the TMAX nor do I have faith they tune 1/2 as good as I can get with a SERT.....BUT.....If you can't find a tuner that knows how to set up the SERT correctly then a TMAX might be in the cards for you, it would be better to get it close with a TMAX than run a map that was far from optimum with the SERT.

Old 07-02-2008 | 06:38 PM
garryb
Banned

Hi doc i have a 2008 fatboy. i would like to get some more sound out of my bike with out changeing the stock pipes . can i put a 1/4 hole in each baffle plate with out makeing my bike run leaner then they already do. i wont to do this becouse the cars i am beside cant hear me and dont know i am there. i would like to get the V&amp\\;h ig radius 2 into 1 and a sert after the new year.

Quick Reply: air/fuel ratio after stage 1 download