Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help for Twinscan II+

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM
rjrivero
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help for Twinscan II+

I just finished putting on a switch to the twinscan II plus. It's pretty straitforward, should you want to try it.

The twinscan II is a great tool, but the internal memory is too small. If you log data at 0.2 seconds, the fastest it will log, you'll loose all your data by the time you do your 1/4 mile run, and idle back to the pits to download your data. So to overcome this, we put a switch on the power to the twinscan so it will log your data, and as you slow your bike at the trap, you can switch it off. I used a LED indictor switch so there is no guess work as to if it's on or off.

I used an LED lighted rocker switch from the autoparts store. It has 3 poles. One for Ground, which you can splice to the black wire in pin 2 on the data link. Then the grey wire gets cut. The harness side goes to the supply pole on the switch, and the connector side goes to the load pole on the switch.

Here is a diagram of how it's done. You will want to cut the wires on the Twinscan Module instead of the harness side, that way it's completely portable from one bike to the next. I showed it in the diagram on the harness side of the connector so that you know which wires are involved.

You just flip the switch to turn on the twinscan and start logging, then you can turn off the switch to stop logging. It'll be valuble at the drag strip to log WOT runs, as well as on the highway to get cruising data.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44617/D8FAECA14186407E827965646E351583.jpg[/IMG]