Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New version of Super Tuner or new product to be soon available ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
sbkjo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New version of Super Tuner or new product to be soon available ?

Hi,

I wanted to order a Super tuner and have been told (today) that HD informed my dealer that something new is coming soon. The dealer couldn't get more information. He doesn't know if it's a new product or just a new version of the software.

I wonder if it has something to do with the annonced product of Mastertune ?

Anybody gets some information ?

sbkjo

Old 05-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: New version of Super Tuner or new product to be soon available ?

Harley sure wouldn't be pushing the TTS unit but I can see why they would want something new other than the Pro Tuner they have now.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

ok...i will throw the bone out there. from a business standpoint, it doesn't make any sense considering the tuner/dyno racket program they have put together. but...from a feelgood and customer standpoint, which history doesn't support, IF there was an autotuner/sert made available with the bar and shield logo on it, it could be in the neighborhood of $1000 and it would probably be like leading sheeps to the slaugher.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

There is NOT a new tuner from HD coming out... It will just have a new part number, because in July, when the new models are released, the SEST will need to have new software....

Oh, it is also having it's price changed..... Trust me, this is a good thing...

sbkjo.. Tell you POC at the dealer to go to hdnet once in a while to stay abreast of the doings that are about to transpire....

Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Boomshaw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

There is NOT a new tuner from HD coming out... It will just have a new part number, because in July, when the new models are released, the SEST will need to have new software....
Does this mean that the original SUPER tuner won't work with the NEW software. My super tuner came with a software disc but will the tuner itself be obselete due to the new software?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my hopes up that they would increase the data logging capacity. With memory prices what they are, a 2GB SD card is $20-$30, I really don't understand why you have to push the little button. Why not just plug the thing in before you start a 3-week trip and download the data when you get home? I have a CarChip for my cars. Barely bigger than the OBD-II connector it plugs into and records up to 300 hours of operation. Yeah, at 1s-5s intervals, not useful for tuning, but it gives you some idea what they could have done.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Boomshaw

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

Does this mean that the original SUPER tuner won't work with the NEW software. My super tuner came with a software disc but will the tuner itself be obselete due to the new software?
No, it'll be like the older model. The dongle won't change, just the software has to be modified to encompass the new 2009 ECU serial numbers. Probably be just a "button-push" upgrade for the older software.
GPM