Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

good combo for my bone stock tc 96 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: good combo for my bone stock tc 96 ?

&nbsp\\;Yesterday i finally got my delivery from the states. It took me 4 hours to install it ,i always take my time .. however imanaged to
&nbsp\\;start her up and go for a ride last night ..and WOW!! i can clearly hear and feel that the engine is feeling so much better now
&nbsp\\;running it stock felt like running it underwater..Now its Happy!.&nbsp\\;I got the PC premapped for V&amp\\;H dragpipes / big sucker
&nbsp\\;And compared to stock the performance is much much&nbsp\\;better especially&nbsp\\;in the upper revs&nbsp\\;.Ive had a occasional slight poping on hard&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;deccel and it takes&nbsp\\;a few seconds to get the&nbsp\\;idle to set at its lowest appart from that she runs perfect. I have been checking the temps
&nbsp\\;and it now runs 10c colder than stock ,the plugs are slightly tanned&nbsp\\;so it seems im on the safe side.
&nbsp\\;I still havent made up my mind on the dragpipes keep or not?&nbsp\\;when im&nbsp\\;overtaking cars they almost drive off the road when i pass..hehe
&nbsp\\;They are LOUD.. I will take it for a dyno test as soon i know what pipes i will run. Any recomendations?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Thank all of you guys alot for all the help and backup here on the forum !!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; / Jesper from Sweden&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear

&nbsp\\;
it seems that my keboard has broken down on me..&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 11:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: ntrain0

it seems that my keboard has broken down on me..&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
It isn't your keyboard, the forum is screwed up. I think you made the right decision buying the PCIII. Those who denigrate it are usually people who have no experience with them except third-hand, anecdotal information. With the proper map it will perform as well as any EFI controller on the market and is very tunable. An owner can make adjustments as he sees fit using a computer connected via USB cable using the software than accompanied the PCIII.

I've been running and tweaking the PCIII for 18 months on my '07 SG and I recommend them highly. Since you have an '07 it is important to set your throttle-position as soon after installing as possible:

1. With ignition off, plug in your 9V adapter with a good battery.
2. Link your PCIII with your computer (USB cable) and launch the PC software.
3. Turn on ignition but don't start the bike.
4. Under Power Commander Tools, click on "Set Throttle Position".
5. In the small window that pops up, click on "Reset", then roll the throttle to full and hold until the large number on the right of the small window settles.&nbsp\\; The number on left should read around 4k and the large one on the right around 28k (on my bike).

At this time your TP should be set, so close the small window and look at the TP setting in the main window. With no throttle input you should see 0%, and when you roll the throttle to full you should see 99 or 100%. If not, do the process over 'til you get the right TP settings.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Im going to give it a go and set the throttle position tonight . I cant manage to get the installment CD to run on the computer but i have
&nbsp\\;downloaded the software from the powercommander site and i hope that should work?.
&nbsp\\;I did read somewhere that the engine needs to be fully warmed up before setting the trottle position? can that be right?
&nbsp\\;It storming/raining here at the moment..
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Thanks / Jesper&nbsp\\;