Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dynojet POWER COMMANDER III w/ USB

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Robert_M_Kyle
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynojet POWER COMMANDER III w/ USB

It seems Dynojet has now come out with a Power Commander accelerator pump upgrade, free of charge. (see here http://fuelmotousa.com/faq.htm)

There is an accessory (LCD Display for Power Commander III USB) thatallows on screen map adjustments "on the fly". It attaches to your Harley and allows Display all Power Commander data in "real time". (See here http://fuelmotousa.com/djaccessories.htm )

When I contacted Jamie, he explained this unit does NOT allow adjustments to the Accelerator pump "on the fly". Too bad! The thought of making adjustments to the "accelerator pump" while in the saddle is very exciting. For example, if I'm just commuting to work, then I'd dial the thing down to maximize fuel economy. But if I'm going out for some fun, I can dial the thing up to maximize acceleration.

Now, here's my question. Does anyone know of such a product that will allow these changes to the "accelerator pump" on the power commander? If not, does anyone know when Dynojet plans on incorporating these changes to their LCD display?

Old 05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
SK8ROD
Banned
Default RE: Dynojet POWER COMMANDER III w/ USB

all this stuff has been out for ages Dude,, and there is some question on the effectiveness of the accel pump on a Harley. I have it ready to roll on my PCIII software but havent tried it yet as i am still playing with other stuff

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Robert_M_Kyle
6th Gear

Live and learn I guess, huh? I guess new to me doesn't necessarilary mean new? I've been playing with various "commanders" for awhile now. Even tried the terry commander... see here... http://preview.dragspecialties.com/9/121/6420690 this thing is TOTAL CRAP!!! I had a shop put on two different Terry Commanders, and neither worked as advertised. Additionally, a buddy of mine still has his Terry Commander, and after 12 months, has developed a dead spot on the RPM curve, and he is Pissed! So now I'm in process of taking the manufacturer to court to recover all the costs... of course they are saying they are not responsible for their own quality control issues.
Anyways, when you get around to trying it, can you let me know what you think?
Thanks dude

Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 PM
SK8ROD
Banned

sure, may have it going this wknd, but i am really interested in the plugin usb thing that stores maps and can swap on the fly so if anyone has one of them fitted i would like to know if its worth the corn

Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 AM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe Accelerator function does work really well on the Power Commander. I think most people do not see a difference because they are running fairly rich maps and the AP function just adds more fuel. THe AP works great when you have a lean set-up for Mileage and maybe Ping Prone on Throttle Roll On. It will add the set amount of fuel and help with acceleration.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Robert_M_Kyle
6th Gear

you didn't see much of a difference? May I ask what settings you went with?

Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 AM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my Accelerator Pump set for 85% sensativity, 5% Fuel, and 30 revs. The VRod Forum has really taken the settings down to a science since they are really looking for Horsepower. Anything over 10% will ususally cause your bike to go over rich and bog down and potentially wash down the cylinder with fuel.

I am playing with Lean settings in the Cruising range for Mileage numbers when going down the Hiway. The AP setting still gives that seat of the pants feel when you romp on it.