Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

95' FXD turn signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:11 PM
hedotwo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95' FXD turn signal problem

After wading through 15 minutes of posts that I searched for, I'm thinking I still need to ask this question even though I think my answer may be a bad turn signal module. I've run aftermarket front turn signals for many years and installed a Badlands equalizer at the same time I installed the lights. All worked well for over ten years. At the end of last season I decided to return to the stock front signals and after doing so I found that both front and rear right side signals worked, and the left front did too. The left rear, however, has not. I just now removed the equalizer thinking it may have had something to do with the left rear not working, but it made no difference. I've switched bulbs with the RR but same prob. Am I doomed to spend bucks on a TSM?

Rich

Old 05-10-2008, 05:37 PM
rjrivero
Tourer
Default RE: 95' FXD turn signal problem

The first place to check are the connectors for the rear signal. Did you have the equalizer on the front, rear, or both?

RJ

Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 PM
hedotwo
Cruiser
Default RE: 95' FXD turn signal problem

The equalizer was on both. I checked the wire from the 8-pin connector to the left rear bulb socket and got continuity. The wire from the module to the 8-pin for the left rear again checked ok. The input from the left turn signal on the handlebar to the module must be ok, because it's turning on the left front. So, my amateur electrical troubleshooting points to the TSM. I hope I'm wrong and that it's something else. I seeV-Twin has a replacement module for $180.As long as I have three out of four turn signals, I mayjust continue to use a hand signal if it is the TSM. Or be patient and look for aused one on ebay. Thanks for your reply.

Rich

Old 08-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Mike Callaghan
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hedotwo
After wading through 15 minutes of posts that I searched for, I'm thinking I still need to ask this question even though I think my answer may be a bad turn signal module. I've run aftermarket front turn signals for many years and installed a Badlands equalizer at the same time I installed the lights. All worked well for over ten years. At the end of last season I decided to return to the stock front signals and after doing so I found that both front and rear right side signals worked, and the left front did too. The left rear, however, has not. I just now removed the equalizer thinking it may have had something to do with the left rear not working, but it made no difference. I've switched bulbs with the RR but same prob. Am I doomed to spend bucks on a TSM?

Rich
Hi my name is Mike. I'm new to this forum.
I have a 95 fxd, my right turn signal is intermittent, any thoughts to what it might be?

Old 08-02-2020, 07:15 AM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Callaghan
Hi my name is Mike. I'm new to this forum.
I have a 95 fxd, my right turn signal is intermittent, any thoughts to what it might be?
Hi Mike,

You might want to post this in the electrical section. You jumped onto a very old thread that was in the tuning section. You will probably get more answers there.