Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

'06 EFI/ECM service bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: '06 EFI/ECM service bulletin

Bike has Stage 1 with A/C and SE1 slip-ons.

With 8 injectors had hard starting sometimes, low speed surging, and almost stalling until warmed up. Didn't begin until around 500 miles.

Had injectors swapped and hasn't happened since.

Sammi

Old 08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SE stage one air cleaner and SE II slip-on's. Replaced 8* injectors with 25* CVO's and had the "race" download to the ECM. Bike runs smooth at all RPM's, with no surging. Bike runs cooler. Off idle performance is better, but I haven't noticed much of a difference in top end performance. Highway mileage improved from 44-46 mpg to 48-50 mpg.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the post. My 06 Low Rider was dying within a feet of pulling away after starting. Now I know why. Paperwork with the bike indicated it was built 02/02/06. Guess I can be pretty sure mine has the 8 degree injectors. Now I'll have to wait to install my SE Slip-ons, SE A/C and SERT. Dang the luck! Sure glad you found this. Gives me ammunition if I need it.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Championr1
Cruiser

My bike has the 8 degree injectors and it ran flawless when it was stock. I didn't have a problem until I did the stage1 upgrade. My stage1 upgrade consisted of SE A/C, V&H Shortshot staggereds and the V&H Fuelpak. After the upgrade my bike would stumble on warmup and after it was warmed up. I ended up going with the SERT and the stock map for the 8 degree injectors and its run great ever since.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I have an "06" heritage, stock ecm with SE Air, V&H Big Shots Staggered, PCIII running map 805-208.
I had the injector and ECM Upgrade done 3 weeks ago (Since the bike didn't run good for the last year) and PC says to Lean out the original map with the butons.
I tried that, even though the buttons are taboo to play with, and still have that terrible hesitation when rolling on the throttle quick. I know powercommander very well (I have a cousin with a mobile Dyno) and tried adjusting the map untill I was blue in the face, but still runs like crap. Unfortunatly My cousin lives in Virginia and I live in Pa, so a trip down this year for a tune isn't happening, but I've tried everything I know with the PC and still nada.
You would think since the TSB in February, PC would have a new map to work with the 25* injectors.
Im actually thinking I may have a bad PCIII, since I originally had to have a custom dyno map done last year after I installed my mods. PC didn't have a map back then and The dealership had a hard time getting the bike to run right on the dyno.
Oh well, SERT here I come.
Smitty

Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

My bike had the 8° injectors replaced with the 25° CVO injectors 10 days after the bulletin came out in February. It fixed my cold start problem and coughing and quiting problem until it was warmed up. I have never got more then 37 MPG with the 8° or 25° injectors.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:14 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

I've got a '06 Standard w/ the 8* injectors...I started having the typical cold stumble problems that come with them...Went to the dealer service dept. and spent a whole 5 seconds trying to explain the problem...the service tech knew just what I was talking about. They set a appt. for late next week to install the 25* inj. and re-map the ECM. If everyone (or close to everyone) who has a '06 1450 engine is having this problem,why isn't there a factory re-call on these? I bought my bike of the showroom floor the first of August...the service bulletin came out in February...why was my bike sold to me new with what is proving to be inadequate injectors?? [:@]

Old 09-03-2006, 04:38 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 100 Likes on 43 Posts

As you can see by some of the post, certain engines have no problems at all. When I had mine replaced due to the dying in traffic, the mechanic said it was not a large percentage of engines having the problem.

They did start putting the 25's in everything. but unless you have the problem they will not get changed out.

Which is legal for no one has gotten hurt yet because of the issue.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:57 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

Yeah, and just certain Firestone tires were blowing out and causing rollovers in Ford Explorers. I know the whole Firestone/Explorer story...I had a set of the "death tires" on my '97 Explorer and never had a problem with them, I traded them out on the last eligible day of the recall. Were ALL the Firestones bad?? I seriously doubt it but Ford was taking NO chances. Does someone have to be run down by a cage in front of thier house because of a cold-start stumble before the MOCO gets a clue??
ORIGINAL: wlbowers

As you can see by some of the post, certain engines have no problems at all. When I had mine replaced due to the dying in traffic, the mechanic said it was not a large percentage of engines having the problem.

They did start putting the 25's in everything. but unless you have the problem they will not get changed out.

Which is legal for no one has gotten hurt yet because of the issue.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:19 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 100 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: FXSTI Guy

Yeah, and just certain Firestone tires were blowing out and causing rollovers in Ford Explorers. I know the whole Firestone/Explorer story...I had a set of the "death tires" on my '97 Explorer and never had a problem with them, I traded them out on the last eligible day of the recall. Were ALL the Firestones bad?? I seriously doubt it but Ford was taking NO chances. Does someone have to be run down by a cage in front of thier house because of a cold-start stumble before the MOCO gets a clue??
Yo Bubba chill, I had the firestones myself. I got my injectors changed out because i just about got runover by a semi on Hwy 70. I cornered one of the managers and we had a come to Jesus.

I wasn't justifying their stand, just my opinion of why they aren't changing them all out.

Quick Reply: '06 EFI/ECM service bulletin