Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Al_07WG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

Had my 07 WG dyno'd at the dealer the other day and I guess I got what I expected from them. They did tell me that they don't do "race" tuning but rather step tuning for ridability. All out maximum horsepower and torque at WOT isn't their goal so I'm guessing there's more peak power to be had from a stage 1 96tc if a race tuner went after it. From what I've read these numbers are in the ballpark for an average tune?

73.41 hp max @ 5300 rpm.
83.81 tq max @ 3900 rpm.

The motor sounds good and pulls hard so I'm not complaining. Haven't checked mileage yet but I would expect that this type of tuning is aimed at a compromise that should still give me around 40+ mpg on the road, we'll see how that turns out over the next few tanks.

My only complaint so far is that I have decell popping. I have my dyno tune file so I'll be working on it to try and eliminate the pop on decell. I talked to the tuner after the fact and he seems like a good guy and was willing to talk about my options for tuning out the popping. I could take it back in for that but I'd just as soon keep my bike and do it myself.

So, does the dyno plot look alright to you guys? Anyone want to take a look at my SERT file?

Al.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

I'd like to take a look at your file. You can attach it to a post if you change the file extensionfrom .mt6to .txt.
What mufflers do you have?

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd like to see it too...send it to my email adress at the bottom of my post.
Thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Could someone in the know please explain the logic on the hidden tableAF_PE_Fuel_Air_Ratio tableon his setup? note: His tuner started with 176AE104-A1.MT6 that has the same issue.

Iwonder if his tuner was pulling his hair out on that one.

AW

Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny that the don't do race tuning yet their heading on the dyno sheet says "Motor City Race Shop".

I'm just sayin'...

Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
DRAGO1
Tourer

Doc,

Those numbers seem low?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

They're a tad low but in the ball park. For a WOT run the AFR looks very lean too.

TickTock
That is a funny thing and the best laugh is there was only 8 runs made in the run files.......amazing how people tune for the rideability doing 100% TP pulls!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Al_07WG
Cruiser

Thanks for the interest guys. I did notice that there seems to only have been 8 runs and I agree that the AFR looks lean at WOT. My tuning experience is limited and on my 93 Vette so this V-Twin is new to me but AFR for max power at WOT on thedyno w/ wideband in the Vette was closer to 12.5:1.

As I understand it the bike was only up on the dyno for 2 hours so I don't think I got a great dyno tune. Now I'm starting to wonder what I got.

Bike has Rush 2" baffle slip-on mufflers and a stage 1 style a/c kit. Other than that it is a stock 2007 96" tc running on 93 octane.

I have added ".txt" to the end of the tuning file name and included it here, hope this works.

Al.

edit to delete the tuning file as it was a lousy tune and I'd hate for someone to actually use it.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

You are correct Al...the AFR at WOT should be 12.5:1 to 12.8:1......when you see a tuner leaning out the AFR he is looking for HP although the TQ will fall. I'm going to look at your map, there is no way I can tell you if it is right for your build but I can and will tell you what hedid and what he didn't do.

Couldn't open it....please send it to me via my email hdmd88@yahoo.com I need it to come as a MT6 or MT5 file

Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Al_07WG
Cruiser

Email sent to you Doc, it's an MT6 file.

Thanks for looking,

Al.

Quick Reply: My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.