Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

Got it Chris. Thanks. Looks like your tuner did a pretty thorough job.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
cwalms
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: murphdog

Got it Chris. Thanks. Looks like your tuner did a pretty thorough job.
No problem and I hope you're right about my tuner. So far I'm happy with the results.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:12 PM
cwalms
Cruiser

Just curious - Can anyone tell me what the temperature of the motor should be if measuring just to the side of the spark plugs? I took some readings with an infared thermometer and the readings were as follows:

front 310 degrees F
rear 320 degrees F

I also measured the oil temp next to the dipstick at it read 170 degrees F. The outside air temp was 66 degrees F.

Are these considered normal? They are much cooler than before I had the tune by about 15 degrees. Thanks as always for the help.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just looked at a couple data mode files and minestays around 240 deg F when I'm moving. This is from the front head temp sensor on the bike. It goes up fairly quickly when I stop moving, probably about 10 deg F/minute.Not sure how the engine temp sensor compares to an IR thermometer on the side of the head. You could compare the two using data mode.
I'll try and load up your map this weekend and see how it workswith my bike, I'll let you know if I do. One thing I did with mine is take it out of closed loop at 2000 rpm and below, seems to not bog as much when leaving from a stop.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Al_07WG
Cruiser

cwalms, here's a report on how my bike responded to your dyno tuned map.

DAAAAYUUUUMM!!!!!!!

Now for a little more detail, I started the day's riding by loading the canned 176AE104-A1 map and riding for about an hour. I wanted to get a good feel for where it all started. Bear in mind I had done the same thing with my dyno map, rode for a while on base map then reloaded my "tuned" map to see if I could tell the difference, which I couldn't.

After riding for about an hour I came back and loaded your dyno'd map. Spent the next 4 hours having the time of my life. I just can't believe the difference! So much throttle response that it actually felt like to much at first. It took me a little while to get used to having to twist the throttle so much less to get the same power. The torque at and just off idle felt awesome, pulling away from a stop required so little throttle I was amazed. The crisp throttle response at any rpm in any gear just floored me. I spent the entire afternoon with a great big grin thinking I would never have believed the base map had left so much on the table. I only twisted the throttle wide open once in 2nd gear but it was enough to feel a very noticable increase in power.

Now I've been messing around with tuning my Vette for some years and in that community as well as others everyone admits that "seat of the pants" evaluations can be swayed by our desire for it to be better especially when the improvements are very minor. I kept that in mind while I was riding today but this isn't just better in my head. The performance improvements I describe are very real and drastic in comparison to either the base map or my "tuned" map.

I would say that you definitly got aLOT more for your tuning dollar than I did. I am thrilled with the way my bike responded.

I did still experience some decel pop though not nearly as bad as before, Im thinking my exhaust system must be sucking some air and I'll get that sorted out soon enough.

Thank you very, very much for allowing me to try this tune up. Can I leave it in there?

Thanks again,

Al.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:13 PM
cwalms
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Al_07WG

Thank you very, very much for allowing me to try this tune up. Can I leave it in there?

Thanks again,

Al.
That's great to hear. I am glad you got a good response with the file. Like I said, I am happy so far and have no complaints on my bikes performance since the tune. Also, you don't need to ask me to keep the map, thanks for the courtesy though.I'm just glad to hear I was able to help out. Enjoy the ride!!

Chris

Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 PM
djcustom1
Tourer

I would love to take a look at the tuned map allso. I am runing map 176ae104 also on my bike. Runs good but i know there is more there. If you wouldnt mind sure would love to try it. You cane-mail it to me at djcustom1@aol.com. Hope to hear from you. If you send it i will keep you posted. I am going to have mine dyno tuned soon and would be glad to let you see mine when i have it done. I hear our local tuner is vary good. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 PM
cwalms
Cruiser

I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Doc for helping me out with my tune file. I sent him all my tuning information and he was kind enough to take his time to review the files and give me his feedback on my tune. I must also say my day got even better once I received his feedback. He says it looks like I got a good tune, one of the best he's had come across his email.

So Doc, like I said in my email: If you're ever in the La Crosse, Wi area give me a shout and I'll be happy to take you out for a beer!

Cheers [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Chris

Old 05-15-2008, 03:05 AM
pauly_2
Intermediate

Chris,

I want to thank you for being so generous too. Even if your map does nothing for my bike (Won't know for possibly a week or so) getting other maps to look at has been a challenge.

Doc (or anyone else that knows :-)), I have stock exhausts, however the front slipon muffler is the same as the rear one (Makes it sound a little better I think 'cause the inner diameter is a little larger). I also have the Screaming Eagle Hi-flow air filter assembly. What are the implications ofChris's map, (particularly the VE tables which are quite different to mine) with 'almost' stock exhausts?

Thanks again to all.

Pauly

Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
jemccannn2
Stage I
Default MT6 Map file

hello,
I just discovered this forum since i just began messing with the SERT. I have an 07 fatboy with VH Longshot and Screaming SE High Flow Air Cleaner, when i bought the bike i paid an extra $400 dollars for the dyno on the bike from the dealer, i do not have any specs on the the dyno such as Torque, HP etc.. (it was not provided when i picked up the bike and did not ask) and i did not get a copy of the tuning file from the dealer either. My Problems are poor highway gas mileage (about 35 MPH) Cruising at 75, and decel popping like crazy. After ig got the the bike i took it back for the decel popping and they wanted another $400 to adjust the tune on it. If anyone has the MAP that chris has posted or if you read this i would greatly appreciate if you could send it to me so i have a base to go off of. also is there any way to download the map that is in my ECM to my computer so i can use that as a baseline. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank everyone, my email is jemccann2@msn.com. thanks again

Quick Reply: My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.