Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.

Got it and sent you one back already....it didn't take long to look at that map...lol

Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! They didn't touch the air-fuel ratio table, leaned out both front and rear via the VE tables, added 6.25° timing front and rearat all rpms from 90-100kPa, didn't touch the decel enleanment table.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could someone in the know please explain the logic on the hidden table AF_PE_Fuel_Air_Ratio table on his setup? note: His tuner started with 176AE104-A1.MT6 that has the same issue.
I don't think any logic explains it. It's just plain screwed up.

I wonder if his tuner was pulling his hair out on that one.
Based on the thread I created over on HTT about PE mode, I doubt he even noticed it. It seems most tuners don't even look at the ECM's afr target, they just tune to whatever they have set in the AFR table.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

So we are expected to just throw the bike up on a dyno and put itto full power and watch for unexpected and random changes in AFRwith time and then prove that it is not Pump related? Once you have exhausted all of our optons, you have to assume it's a blown hidden table that is doing this to you? This table is hidden from you because you are too stupid to understand it? Your only option is to start with a new and different tune and hope you don't get burned again by blown logic in hidden tables?

I love this logic.....

AW

Old 05-08-2008, 06:54 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

I noticed that the latest calibration that is posted on the net still has this very odd (if not flatblown) table. Hopefully these effected fileswill be repaired soon and reposted with a new calibration number to give you guys some idea that you will need your bikes recalibrated.

AW

Old 05-08-2008, 07:12 AM
TickTock
Club Member

How are you viewing these hidden tables in the calibration files?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Lets just say never underestimate the ability of the racers, programmers and people with well placed friends.

The real question is when will the software be fixed and what to do with the poeple that started with corrupt base tunes caused by hidden tables. I wonder if this issue is common in the factory release tunes. This was originally uncovered when I was trying to figure out data logs and was incorrectly accused of owning a company that had tools to uncover the issues.

All these issues need to be directed to the people that support the product.

AW

Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 AM
TickTock
Club Member

That is quite interesting.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Aggie
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: whittlebeast

Could someone in the know please explain the logic on the hidden tableAF_PE_Fuel_Air_Ratio tableon his setup? note: His tuner started with 176AE104-A1.MT6 that has the same issue.

Iwonder if his tuner was pulling his hair out on that one.

AW
I can tell you what PE is designed tobe used for. It is a EGT management feature for extended WOT and high RPM operation. It changes thedesired AFR as a function of time at high throttle and rpm to keep the EGT from climbing too high and damaging components.

Now if I was calibrating VEs, I would set the AFR in the main tableand the PE table to the same value...let's say 13.2 This will keep the AFR desired from changing. Then when I was done with the VE's, I would setthe main AFR and initial PEto 12.8 and calibrate PEto slowly enrichen the engine with time down to about 10.5.

This gives good power during most operating conditions and a safety net.

Maybe TTS will give us this capability.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:13 PM
cwalms
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my bike tuned a few weeks ago. Last year the dealer installed a stock map from my SERT but didn't make any adjustments. After talking with several people and reading a few threads here at the forum I realized my bike wasn't running quite right. Here is the results from my dyno showing the stock SERT download compared to the Dyno-tune. So far I am pretty happy with the results. 80.2 HP and 92 ft/lbs after tune. If anyone would care to comment on the results that would be great. I

[IMG]local://upfiles/26820/8B91FAA5102740A98C10ACB5E3917589.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: My "MOCO trained" Dyno tune results.