Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need suggestions and help with SERT tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Need suggestions and help with SERT tuning

Ok. I'll leave VE's alone and focus on the enleanment for right now.

Two other questions:

1. Can I get a good idea of the AFR across the board by sitting in my driveway with the laptop hooked up and revving to redline or do I need to be moving and in gear?

2. Anyone seen or used info from this site: http://www.harley-davidson-forum.net/index.php ? They have a tech giving advice and suggestions online and you have access to cals and maps. Curious if any have tried it and results.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing Data Mode will tell you about your air-fuel ratio is AFR Desired, or what your air-fuel ratio table is calling for at whatever rpm and manifold pressure you're at.
Reving the engine in the driveway isn't going to tell you much, you have to take it on the road and run through as many of the rpm vs manifold pressure cells and rpm vs throttle position cells in the varoius tablesas you can to get thebig picture.
But, without O2 sensors to measure your actual air-fuel ratio, all you're going to see is what you have programmed in the air-fuel ratio table.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, so unless I take my bike to a Dyno and let a pro dial it in, there isn't any significant way to tweak things on my own except for listen and feel. Data mode won't give me feedback on changes?

The bike is very ridable as is. I'm just fairly certain it's not 100%. I'd love to let a pro work on it but I'm not convinced that the result of a Dyno tune with be worth the expense. All I have on it is effectively a Stage I setup.