Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyno'd yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Vinny133
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno'd yesterday...

Had my bike dyno'd yesterday and man, it runs way better. The guys that did it sure seemed to know their stuff.
I'm not that up on the technical specs but I think the numbers for my setup as outlined in my sig look pretty good.
Stock bike with stage 1 air, PCIII and V & H Big Radius pipes. If anyone out there has a similar setup and likes the numbers, pm me and I'll email you my custon map.
It cost me a few bucks but happy to share.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39965/7850D20F1003459E9A7D644DF4B014E5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Vinny133
Cruiser
Default RE: Dyno'd yesterday...

Anyone out there that is knowledgeable about what to expect from a dyno tune, could I get an opinion on these numbers.
Bike runs awesome but wondering if I could get any more out of it.

Thanks,

Vinny

Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

looks good..... no matter what kind of fuel management system you have 1 should have it dyno'd......there is nothing like having a custom map...a good system gets it close...a good dyno should get it perfect.. it will run cooler/stronger/hp/tq and a tad richer..and better gas mileage... the way it should of came from the factory but don't cause of epa bull ****.

it was money well spent

Old 04-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Vinny133
Cruiser

towboattrash34

Thanks for the reply.
Much appreciated!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
wildman3699
Tourer

towboattrash34 How can it run richer and get better mileage.I've never had that happen

Old 04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Since I have my PCIII and big Radius on the way, I might have to get that tune from you. Please and thank you of course.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:27 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

ORIGINAL: wildman3699

towboattrash34 How can it run richer and get better mileage.I've never had that happen
i'm no expert just a ***...but all the bikes come from the factory very lean..for epa bull **** which is not realy good for you bike..with a good tuner prog and ora dyno tune they can make it run cooler/stronger/more hp/tqby adjusting the a/f ratio at all throttle positions which is usualy a little richer not much but a little which also shout give you a couple more mpg..just depends what kind of map they loaded inot the ecm if it is an efi bike...too lean or too rich can affect the mpg's.... Doc 1 or others here are the experts on this..they are the one's you would need to consult.. i'm just learning......reading alot. i don't know enough to debate it,but this is what i have learned from asking question and reading.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: towboattrash34

ORIGINAL: wildman3699

i'm no expert just a ***...but all the bikes come from the factory very lean..for epa bull **** which is not realy good for you bike..with a good tuner prog and ora dyno tune they can make it run cooler/stronger/more hp/tqby adjusting the a/f ratio at all throttle positions which is usualy a little richer not much but a little which also shout give you a couple more mpg..just depends what kind of map they loaded inot the ecm if it is an efi bike...too lean or too rich can affect the mpg's.... Doc 1 or others here are the experts on this..they are the one's you would need to consult.. i'm just learning......reading alot. i don't know enough to debate it,but this is what i have learned from asking question and reading.
Lean will give you better gas miliage.

Less fuel used = better mpg.

You'll get more power and a healthier engine with a tune.

Vinny, those numbers look good, but looks like they forgot to do your top end. Most of those tuners figure you'll never ride up there anyways... But your dyno ends with your hp still climbing...

If I were you, and I'm not, I'd go back and have them finish the dyno up to 6k. Although I guess with a PCIII you can't change the rev limiter, can you?

What's it set at? A TC B engine can handle up to 6.5k no problem, you want to be able to run to where the power starts to fall off.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinny Thanks for send me a copy. I compared it to the one FuelMoto had installed in my PCIII when I bought it.
There is a hell of a difference in those settings. If I had my PCIII still installed I'ld go and give it a try.
Your map is a lot leaner than mine.

Mike