Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help tweaking my SERT map

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:49 AM
ericsenf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tweaking my SERT map

I got my bike Dynoed last week. I'm extremely happy with the numbers it pulled and how it rides. I just received my SERT map from the person that did the tune and reviewing it, I ask myself if it could be better.

My question is, if I post the dyno chart and SERT map, is that enough to manually "polish" the map and re-upload it? Let me know and I will post both.

Cheers.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Help tweaking my SERT map

There is NO WAY your going to polish a map by changing numbers around without it being on the dyno to see the results of those changes.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's so right.

Everything is a varitable. Every little thing is going to affect many other things. Unless you have some feedback, a dino or just (knowlegable) seat of the pants, one can get all messed up playing with these numbers. And whoever is adjusting things reallymust know the process. That is the mechanical engine process, and the fuel injection process combined. Ain't rocket sience but you gotta understand.

It's one bike at a time. Gotta think it through.

I actually think HD does a good of getting started with the SERT Cals, at least. I would like to see a better selection of their cams.Moreof the torque ones.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
BlkSilverado
Cruiser

If your tuner is any good, (Which I'd say they probably were or you'd never gotten a copy of the map from them)you have gotten all your going to get. Why would you want to mess with the map after you paid good money for it be be custom made for your bike? If your having a problem, or need any adjustments take it back to the tuner.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

Probably should leave it alone or take it back to the tuner.
You were warned by the best!
Enjoy riding it. 1 hp or 1 ft lb will not be felt.

By any chance did you get your butt whipped by a buddy after spending big cheese????[sm=joke.gif]

Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ericsenf

I got my bike Dynoed last week. I'm extremely happy with the numbers it pulled and how it rides. I just received my SERT map from the person that did the tune and reviewing it, I ask myself if it could be better.

My question is, if I post the dyno chart and SERT map, is that enough to manually "polish" the map and re-upload it? Let me know and I will post both.

Cheers.

Lets see, it ain't broke so why the hell do you want to fix it. You paid good money to have it Dyno tunedso if you're extremely happy then leave the frickin' map alone.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
ericsenf
Tourer

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

Lets see, it ain't broke so why the hell do you want to fix it. You paid good money to have it Dyno tuned so if you're extremely happy then leave the frickin' map alone.
LMAO!!!

But isn't that the nature of hot-rodding - fixing stuff that ain't broke?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok Eric, I got your map and went through it all, I can tell your tuner went to the MoCo school by the changes he made and where the changes where made. All-in-all he did a good job but I too question those couple of areas you questioned.....I will send your map back to you with a couple small adjustments but I need to know some information from you so call me tomorrow (Friday) Between 9:00am and 3:00pm Florida time.
Doc

Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Pixs
Tourer

Hi Erick,

As long as you have the origional settings of the map, you can play a little if you want. Learn how to use the data recorde mode and analize what the results mean to your riding style and the results you want. The map for a drag racer will look a little different from one made for two up crusing.

Just that Doc has made a few minor suggestions as to changing it tells me that the tune, while producing really great numbers, may not be the best for your style of riding.

Best to all.

Pixs