Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel Light with OEM Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008 | 04:12 PM
theroadkg
|
Stage II
Default Fuel Light with OEM Gauge

First time post here, and love the forum. I have read any threads about installing the LED gauges and concerns with the low fuel light staying on. I have an 05 Fatboy that is EFI, and recently replaced the HD Cross LED gauge witha stock gauge from 2005 Deluxe EFI. I plugged the black, orange, and yellow wire to the connector under the tank. Then I removed the grey wire from under the speedo, and put the yellow/white wire back in the slot. Now my low fuel light stays on even when tank is full. Is this an issue requiring resetting or unplugging fuses, could it be a bad connection, etc.? Can I simply eave the yelow/white wire unplugged andlive withoutthe low fuel light? Appears gauge is working properly.
Thanks in advance....

Old 04-19-2008 | 07:40 PM
theroadkg
|
Stage II
Default RE: Fuel Light with OEM Gauge

Decided to remove the dash and check the wiring connection to speedo. Simply had to push the yellow/white wire down further to establish good contact when connected...problem solved.