Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:00 AM
array
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!

Hi guys,

i just bought my new 07 nighttrain but i am not surprised because it wont start due to alarm.
i knew it has no key fob so i ordered one. i dont know what to do, the bike is always armed and i cant do anything.
i tried configurations from tech forum, but nothing helped.
the key lamp always lights, the alarm is armed.
have you any ideas what should i do, what steps etc?

thanks in advance

andrej

Old 04-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help!

do you have the owner's manual? there is a procedure in there for disarming the bike without the fob, assuming the code hasn't been changed. if it's the stock code, try 00000, just guessing on that. follow the procedure in the manual, and hopefully will get you up and running. from my reading/understanding, you will need the fob to change the PIN, but not to disarm if you already know the PIN (again, try 00000). Hope this helps. If not, will need some dealer help more than likely, especially when fob gets in, as they'll have to program it for you.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 AM
array
Novice

ORIGINAL: lonewatie

do you have the owner's manual? there is a procedure in there for disarming the bike without the fob, assuming the code hasn't been changed. if it's the stock code, try 00000, just guessing on that. follow the procedure in the manual, and hopefully will get you up and running. from my reading/understanding, you will need the fob to change the PIN, but not to disarm if you already know the PIN (again, try 00000). Hope this helps. If not, will need some dealer help more than likely, especially when fob gets in, as they'll have to program it for you.

no, i just have the bike. nothing else. can you scan it for me, or just write, how would i be able to disarm the security system?
thanks in advance

Old 04-19-2008, 07:22 AM
array
Novice

the bike has about 800 miles, it isnt brand new from dealer. i bought it from colorado, and i am from europe. i ordered a new one key fob and wanted to assign it, but it fail, ebcause during this operation the security system mustr be off. mine is also On, its armed. i cannot do anything.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:04 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

you need to punch in the pin, trouble is you cant punch in the pin unless you know it and you cant assign a new pin unless you have a fob with you!

if you want to try "00000" then this is what you do:

1. turn ign key to ignition and immediately hold both turn signals in until 5 dashes appear in the speedo window
2. enter first digit of code "0" by pressing the left turn switch
3. press right turn switch one time
4. repeat steps 2 & 3 until done

if its "00000" then the bike will disarm once you finished the fith digit..

thats about it, good luck - pete

Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there any markings on the bike as to which Co. dealer the bike came from. My dealer sets all of his bike to a spec. code. If "00000" doesn't work maybe the dealer in CO. can help.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Roadhog02
Cruiser

I thought that the security code could only be set with numbers 1 thru 9?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

array - pm me your email address, I'll scan it and email it to you. will be easier than trying to attach it on the forum.

watie

ORIGINAL: array

no, i just have the bike. nothing else. can you scan it for me, or just write, how would i be able to disarm the security system?
thanks in advance

Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

think you're right on that one, so factory code will probably be 11111

ORIGINAL: Roadhog02

I thought that the security code could only be set with numbers 1 thru 9?

Old 04-20-2008, 08:26 AM
array
Novice

array010@gmail.com

thanks in advance lonewatie

Quick Reply: Need help!