Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cruise Control Error Code 112

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
motodrum
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Error Code 112

My cruise control won't engage on my 2003 electra glide (FLHTI). My bike is a fuel injected model.Ichecked the Cruise Control Diagnostic Codes and received a 112 Throttle Roll Off error code. I re-ranthe cruise control initialization proceedure and it completed without problem. The cruise lamp lit up and engine ran up and adjusted the lash. The bike also seems to be running a bit rougher than normal meaning I'm getting popping and backfires when I roll off to shift on deceleration.Not sure if this is related or a seperate problem.Prior to this last weekend everything has worked normal. No changes or mods have been made that could be attributed as the cause. Any insight/help is much appreciated.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Silvertip
Cruiser
Default RE: Cruise Control Error Code 112

Sounds like maybe the throttle roll off switch is stuck in the off position. Play with it a bit to see if you can free it up.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
motodrum
Novice

Thanks for the reply -

Is the Throttle Roll Off switch the one that is located on the idle cable just past the steering stem with the 2 wires connected to it that run to the the cruise control unit? I was thinking about replacing the idle cable.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 AM
motodrum
Novice

I replaced the idle cable and that fixed the cruise control. Apparently it was a roll of switch on the cable that went bad. Theparts guy at my local dealermentioned that idle cable is a popular item and that they had sold several over the past year.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:51 PM
Jr Hass
Stage I
Default Inta

Originally Posted by motodrum
My cruise control won't engage on my 2003 electra glide (FLHTI). My bike is a fuel injected model.Ichecked the Cruise Control Diagnostic Codes and received a 112 Throttle Roll Off error code. I re-ranthe cruise control initialization proceedure and it completed without problem. The cruise lamp lit up and engine ran up and adjusted the lash. The bike also seems to be running a bit rougher than normal meaning I'm getting popping and backfires when I roll off to shift on deceleration.Not sure if this is related or a seperate problem.Prior to this last weekend everything has worked normal. No changes or mods have been made that could be attributed as the cause. Any insight/help is much appreciated.
You may try the intake gaskets if they leak it can cause the backfiring and the cruse control not to work properly.