Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

.SERT difficulties - Help please(update)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:35 PM
tseitz11
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .SERT difficulties - Help please(update)

First a little correction. Your ECM does NOT marry itself to your software, it marries it self to the box that is provided when you purchase the SERT. You can load the software on to any computer and use it on your bike, as long as you are using your "black" box.

My computer does not have the serial port needed for the cable that is provided with the SERT. I do have a converter to go from serial to USB. I have experienced no troubles when programing my ECU. However, the first time I tried I did not have the proper COM port selected. When you go to program the ECU the window where the "Program ECU" button is located has tabs at the top of the window. One of those tabs says Com Ports on it. Click on that tab and it will allow you to chose which COM port your computer should be using to communicate with the ECU.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I might be able to answer feel free to message me.

Todd

Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tseitz11

First a little correction. Your ECM does NOT marry itself to your software, it marries it self to the box that is provided when you purchase the SERT. You can load the software on to any computer and use it on your bike, as long as you are using your "black" box.

My computer does not have the serial port needed for the cable that is provided with the SERT. I do have a converter to go from serial to USB. I have experienced no troubles when programing my ECU. However, the first time I tried I did not have the proper COM port selected. When you go to program the ECU the window where the "Program ECU" button is located has tabs at the top of the window. One of those tabs says Com Ports on it. Click on that tab and it will allow you to chose which COM port your computer should be using to communicate with the ECU.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I might be able to answer feel free to message me.

Todd
What specific USB to Serial converter do you have? Make and model number would be helpful.

Thanks

Old 02-14-2006, 12:48 AM
R Horn
Cruiser

It is the SERT interface that marry's the bike. so as long as you keep the interface you can change LapTops or PC"s.

Just currious what is the PN of your CD 32117-01X the rev is the letter where the X is Mine is a D the most recent disc is F. I just ordered the new disc from my dealer. My disc came with version 4.1.2 I don't know if the F disc will have a newer version of the program or just updated files. Sometimes they slide a little update into the software to fix a bug or add a feature. Harry do you know what version is on the 32117-01F disc?

Jezcruzen, Good luck. I have had a couple times where I suffered a slight "pucker factor" but the ECU survived fine.

Rich

Old 02-14-2006, 02:26 AM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what version is on the 32117-01F disc?
Thought I haven't received my -01F disk yet, I believe it is version 4.5.2

Old 02-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

I'm fairly sure that the version I have is 'D', but I'm at the office and will have to check once I get home.

Prior to last night, the only com ports available for selection for me while in the ECM programming module was com 1 & com 3. Last night, once I attached everything yet again and opened the ECM programming mode, Com 5 was also available. Com 5 was the port I had to select in order to communicate using the USB/serial adaptor. Apparently I didn't have a good connection on my previous attempts to allow Com 5 to be used, thus I got that "ALDL Adaptor not Responding" message.

Anyway, I was worried that I had loaded 25% of SOMETHING into my ECM last night without finishing the job. I thought I may have corrupted the data in the ECM! My son says that if the Bootloader failed to load then nothing else downloaded, either, so I was still good and the ECM still contained it's origional program.

I still don't have a clue as to WHY the Bootloader wouldn't load!

Old 02-14-2006, 11:14 AM
R Horn
Cruiser

Another curious question, what year is your bike?
You may want to try the Data mode with your interface. That gets you a little more hands on time with the Interface and the com port. No sense in trying to program if you are unable to get/keep consistant Data Mode.

Good Luck again.
Rich

Update on disc 32117-01F it comes with version 4.5.2

New and Changed Features
4.5.2 New and Changed Features

Tuning mode 4.5.2 adds support for certain 2006 vehicles that were left out of the original v4.5.0 software.

4.5.0 New and Changed Features

Tuning mode 4.5.0 adds support for 2006 vehicles with both open and closed loop calibrations. All calibration files released with version 4.5.0 are type ‘MT6’.

The status bar has an additional panel to indicate if a calibration is Open or Closed loop.

The following Tuning File changes were made with Tuning Mode 4.5.0:

· Closed Loop Bias table added to Closed Loop Calibration files

· 127xxxxx-A1.MT5 files were upgraded to 127xxxxx-B0.MT6

· 105xxxxx-C2.MT5 files were upgraded to 105xxxxx-D0.MT6

Version 4.5.0 is supplied with a new set of ‘MT6’ calibration files which are not compatible with earlier ‘
MT2’ or ‘MT5’ versions of Tuning Mode. These new calibrations are either level 127xxxxx-Bx (for 2005) or level 105xxxxx-Dx (for 2001-2004) and all have the file extension 'MT6'.