Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Non HD SERT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:49 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Non HD SERT

I just read on another forum that the old version of the SERT was manufactured for HD by TTS, but that the new SERT is produced by someone else. Nothing earth shattering there I admit, but here's the stinger. If the information on the otherforum is correct it would appear that TTS remain the owner of the old SERT software, and will be bringing out their own improved version of this software.

Now if they bring out some improved software that can be used with the old SERT hardware, that would be interesting.

I have done some searching on the web but have to admit I cannot find anything that would suggest that this rumor is true, unless as they say you know different.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Non HD SERT

What you heard is true, TTS is/or was the maker of the SERT and you can look for them to be coming out with a new version called the V-Tuner. It will have all the upgrades that they wanted to do over the last 3 years or so but Harley said they wanted it left alone. It will be USB and windows 2000~Vista compatible. I look for it to be out this month if all goes well with TTS.The V-Tuner will have the software disk and a list of `08 maps, it will read all the older maps and you can get a list of all the older maps on their web site.
The new ProTuner is made by Kent More, these arepeople who make Harley special tools and the Digital Tech. The software is set up just like the Digital Tech program is.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
oldbag
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doc...how will the V-Tunerbe sold? Aftermarket or through HD? I am hearing rumors EPA is putting pressure on HD to stop us from having access to the ECM. A late model HD is not fit to ride as they come factory. I have expected something like this to happen for a couple years. I have been saving my old SERTs hoping someday they can be tampered with to reuse.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:35 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldbag
A late model HD is not fit to ride as they come factory.
One of the most silly things ever said. Not fit to ride from the factory?? I rode my 08 for 1000 miles with ZERO issues before I upgraded to a stage 1. I didnt even KNOW there were issues until "the internet said so"

Just keep it all in perspective. Could they use a more performance orientated tune? You bet they could. Unsafe and inferior product? Give your head a shake.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but, TTS is working on the marketing aspect of that now for what I understand......will Harley sell it, I highly doubt that....lol

Old 04-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Thanks for the update Doc, that's good news.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:11 PM
oldbag
Banned

Doc...I do not doubt what you say, but it seems like it would something HD would own the rights to. I am glad it is coming. I think the SERT is the best improvement to a bike. The difference a good tune makes is awesome. The only problem is if HD start making the ECM non-accessible.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:22 PM
oldbag
Banned

I had a '07 FLHT that ran sohot in the summer that it was miserable. The motor would rattle terrible when it got so hot. And yes it was not fit to ride no matter of your opinion. After pipes, air filter and a good tune it became a different bike. In my opinion it was a inferior product from the factory. There is nothing like a great tune! Give your head a shake "the internet said to."
ORIGINAL: donk_316

ORIGINAL: oldbag
A late model HD is not fit to ride as they come factory.
One of the most silly things ever said. Not fit to ride from the factory?? I rode my 08 for 1000 miles with ZERO issues before I upgraded to a stage 1. I didnt even KNOW there were issues until "the internet said so"

Just keep it all in perspective. Could they use a more performance orientated tune? You bet they could. Unsafe and inferior product? Give your head a shake.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:19 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

Thanks Doc 1, it seemed a little too good to be true and I couldn't believe that HD didn't tie TTS down in some way. I hope they make the software compatable with the current SERT hardware that we have, because I would certainly buy better software, but I wouldn't consider shelling out the same money as I paid for a SERT that I already have.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser

Steve Cole on this Forum works for TTS that owns and developed the SERT that HD no longer sells. He made a few comments about the new, non-HD version of the SERT in the thread below. You can also do a search on Steve Cole and see some of his comments about the upcoming SERT from TTS:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2767726/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Non HD SERT