Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cruise control problems on my 07 road king

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008 | 03:51 PM
hdrk07_61
|
6th Gear
Default Cruise control problems on my 07 road king

I just installed a cruise control on my 07 road king. I ahve tried severl times to get it to engage without success. I took the handlebar controls apart again and ran continuity checks on the switches and wires all the way to the unit, and found no problems with the wires. The orange indicator light on the speedometer comes on when I turn the cruise on but won,t turn green no matter what I do. I tried the test that the dealership tech suggested,( With the bike off, turn the on off switch to the on position, then while holding the set switch, turn on the ignition switch. Which should make the orange indicator on the speedo turn green) but I still only get an orange indicator. the fuse is good also. Any suggestions??

Old 04-02-2008 | 10:49 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Cruise control problems on my 07 road king

ORIGINAL: hdrk07_61

I just installed a cruise control on my 07 road king. I ahve tried severl times to get it to engage without success. I took the handlebar controls apart again and ran continuity checks on the switches and wires all the way to the unit, and found no problems with the wires. The orange indicator light on the speedometer comes on when I turn the cruise on but won,t turn green no matter what I do. I tried the test that the dealership tech suggested,( With the bike off, turn the on off switch to the on position, then while holding the set switch, turn on the ignition switch. Which should make the orange indicator on the speedo turn green) but I still only get an orange indicator. the fuse is good also. Any suggestions??
Make sure neither brake light is being activated when brakes are not in use, as using either brake disengages the CC. Since you've checked continuity on the wires I can't think of anything else to check. Have you performed the initialization procedure yet? If so, what happened?

If you don't get any help here, try the touring forum.

Old 04-03-2008 | 06:26 AM
hdrk07_61
|
6th Gear
Default RE: Cruise control problems on my 07 road king

What is the initialization procedure ?