Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

pc111 idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:55 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pc111 idle

just installed pc111 on my 06 roadking. early se slip ons ,dealer stage 1 download (from when i first got it) and k+n 3909 a/c...used map m807-005..seems to have to turn over a few more times before it starts than it used, to and idles a little higher too...is there some way i can get it to idle a bit lower??

Old 03-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: pc111 idle

Did you zero out the throttle position on the new PCIII to the ECM? If not, to do so click on Power Commander Tools in the program, a screen will come up that says throttle position OPEN and CLOSED....(along with some voltage numbers)... While bike is running Click RESET and then open the throttle wide open for a mili second. Now the throttle position indicator should say '0' as it idles and if you open the throttle wide open it should read '100'....if so your done and all should be good to go.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:26 PM
fathertime
Road Master

ok i am gonna have the get a laptop or a 75 foot usb cable.i installed the map with the 9 volt power supply on my pc..not on the bike. thanks for the info.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:20 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the same map, setting throttle position is a must, this should help with the idleing also, get or get someone with a laptop, save yourself a little time and frustration, it also will help if you need to trim the cylinders as I had to do, bike runs great now.....Doc1 helped me on this also..

Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 PM
fathertime
Road Master

did you download and use the accelerator program on yours??

Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 AM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I have not done that as of this post, simply loaded the PCIII per instructions on my laptop, set the throttle position,after the first run it seemed to be a little rich so in speaking with Jamie he suggested I add a little fuel, 5% a minute amount globally and try that. I can't see that much difference in performance and the plugs look about the same. I am not a pro at looking at plugs but they look good and clean to me.The bike runs great though and I have very little popping on deceleration. I am happy with it as of now, will have to see what happens in hot conditions.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:43 AM
tom134
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set my throttle position with the bike off but with the ignition on and the run switch in the ON position. That worked for me. As far as starting, I've heard that after you hit the run switch, start it up and do not wait for the pump to stop priming and the engine light to go off. Mine starts fine either way but I've heard some use the former method.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 AM
fathertime
Road Master

that was my next question , re bike running or just "on" for reset.you read my mind!..now i gotta borrow a lap top..thks

Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: fathertime

just installed pc111 on my 06 roadking. early se slip ons ,dealer stage 1 download (from when i first got it) and k+n 3909 a/c...used map m807-005..seems to have to turn over a few more times before it starts than it used, to and idles a little higher too...is there some way i can get it to idle a bit lower??
My '07 idles lower, but it changed from closed- to open-loop with the addition of the PCIII. Yours was open-loop before and after, so I'm not sure why it would idle faster unless its a factor of a richer mixture at idle. What does your 0% TP @ 750-1250 RPM's look like? If not zeroes, that could be the difference.

If you don't want the delay at start, try starting before the check-engine light goes out--i.e., immediately after switching on the ignition. Not sure if that will work as it does with my '07, but it's worth a try.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 AM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fathertime

did you download and use the accelerator program on yours??
I added the accelrator pump and set it to the exampe of"some racers use", I like it. Go to a flat someplace and do a holeshot run and you will notoce the diference.

Im going to do the trotle position tomorrow, mine runs good but while it always idles it dos so eraticaly, I sometimes have to come to a complete stop for it to idle down.

Explain "trim the cylinders" if you would please. I think I know what it is but have no idia how to acomplish.

Quick Reply: pc111 idle